• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Report back on the Mikkellar beer guys. They just started being distributed down here. Haven't had a chance to try their **** out yet.

There's a couple different kinds available here, I have 3 of them: Rauch (Bacon) Beer Geek Breakfast, Beer Hop Breakfast, Beer Geek Breakfast Weasel. I'm on teh list for the BGB Bourbon

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post
Stout & Stoggie on the patio celebrating the 12th anniversary of my 29th birthday!

2011-05-06-19-59-27-903.jpg

The stout is my goto Old Rasputin.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thumbs-up.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Want! My haul for last night:
lKarmaBottle.jpg
Very mediocre
dogfish-head-black-and-blue_main.jpg
I got more blue than black in this years version. Ok for a glass but nothing that I'd stock at the house.
WakenBakeSqaure.gif
Not bad. I preferred the MooHoo. The coffee and oatmeal in this sort of offset each other in a way.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my pics. These were both pretty decent out of a can. Really liked the brown.
goodpeoplebrewingcans.jpg
Always a favorite
LeftHandBrewingCompanyMilkStout.jpg

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vHpvj.jpg
Carbonation on the higher side of medium, some light hops mixing with yeasts and some tart citrus. Quite enjoyable

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6iW2H.jpg
Rich mollasses, some charred woods, a little bourbon, slight vanilla bean (bean note is different than vanilla extract) midway through and some alcohol on the finish. Better stout than Ten Fidy, should kop some more (think I have 3 now though)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Trying to get drunk. Not working. Stupid high alcohol tolerance! What I've had so far:
beer-avery-new-world-porter.gif
Underwhelming. I really got no particular flavors out of this.
Terrapin-Monks-Revenge.jpg
Probably the best of the bunch tonight but nothing special. A middle of the road pale ale. http://www.benekeith.com/upload/web_...gif?1219240028 This was probably the best stout of the evening. Although, that really isn't saying much.
victory_brewing_co._storm_king.gif
I can't believe this gets such great ratings on BA. I thought this was mediocre at best. Really no specific flavor to speak of, just a really middle of the road beer.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
BBC (Berkshire Brewing Company) from Massachusetts makes some solid beers are are really affordable. Usually $3.99 for a 22oz bottle. I usually pick one up whenever i get a 6pack of something at the whole foods by me because they're all pretty enjoyable. They make a Coffee Porter made with coffee from another local Massachusetts roasted Deans Beans which is nice.

Definitely recommended to anyone in the northeast

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Just had Gouden Carolus Easter. It's a dark Belgian strong ale. Quite good.
Have a bottle I'm going to crack open tomorrow night. I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads