• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
because everyone is sucking durant's dick. he's become a great player and a great scorer, but c'mon he and that team haven't won **** yet so to me they're overrated. and when they won 2 games against the lakers last year the dick sucking got even slurpier which pissed me off. they have this huge bandwagon all of a sudden because they're new and exciting, but how many of these people were supersonics fans?

Jack Sikma!
lol8[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
lol. It's all because it's the Lakers and you guys are kidding yourselves if you think differently. I never see anyone mention anything all the games the Cavs lost and Varejao started elbowing and pushing everyone in site. I don't know if i ever saw Varejao finish a blowout lol. The hawks got chippy as hell towards the end of last season's sweep. Dwight does this **** a bunch on the magic. Perkins did it a lot. Rodman on the bulls got tossed from plenty of games for old school people.

I don't even like the Lakers and am a magic fan (Dwight acts like a ***** all the time and is such a sore loser but gets passes because he's goofy off the court like shaq was) but it is funny when something happens on the Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys and **** goes crazy

Can't wait till the next game tonight. Should be a good one. Mainly excited to see if the Celts can even it up tomorrow though. That's the big game the nation wants to watch next.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Kevin Durant is not exactly new to the game. He's been in the league 4 seasons, and been touted as a MVP candidate for three.

I think you're just bummed "your" team lost and now younger players on other teams are taking the spotlight from Kobe.

Just stop talking, you don't even know what you're saying.

Originally Posted by RFX45
I've always liked the Sonics actually, from the Payton/Kemp years, to Allen/Lewis losing years too. Then when Durant arrived as a rookie, I've been a huge fan as well. I am starting to hate Westbrook, dudes too cocky when he makes a shot like he just won a chip and I hate Perkins with a passion too. Overall the team is a young, athletic and exciting team, can't be mad about that.

Memphis, I am kind of iffy. They are definitely the surprise of the post-season but I just can't get myself to like them much, something about Randolph that just pisses me off.

I'm going for Memphis cause they're the clear underdog and obviously not overrated like I think OKC is. I'll buy it from you saying you liked the Sonics, even though they were huge rivals to the Lakers in the 90s. But I know tons of ppl who jumped on the OKC bandwagon when Durant led the league in scoring last season and Westbrook broke out even more this year. It just annoys me especially when it's people here in LA

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just stop talking, you don't even know what you're saying.

You seem to know it all. That's what you tell everyone.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol. It's all because it's the Lakers and you guys are kidding yourselves if you think differently. I never see anyone mention anything all the games the Cavs lost and Varejao started elbowing and pushing everyone in site. I don't know if i ever saw Varejao finish a blowout lol. The hawks got chippy as hell towards the end of last season's sweep. Dwight does this **** a bunch on the magic. Perkins did it a lot. Rodman on the bulls got tossed from plenty of games for old school people.

I don't even like the Lakers and am a magic fan (Dwight acts like a ***** all the time and is such a sore loser but gets passes because he's goofy off the court like shaq was) but it is funny when something happens on the Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys and **** goes crazy

This is the truth. I knew a shitstorm was coming when the Lakers lost today. They've just been winning so much this past decade that people start licking their chops when they get embarrassed.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Just stop talking, you don't even know what you're saying. I'm going for Memphis cause they're the clear underdog and obviously not overrated like I think OKC is. I'll buy it from you saying you liked the Sonics, even though they were huge rivals to the Lakers in the 90s. But I know tons of ppl who jumped on the OKC bandwagon when Durant led the league in scoring last season and Westbrook broke out even more this year. It just annoys me especially when it's people here in LA
Anyone here from Seattle? How do people in Seattle feel about OKC nowadays? I know they were bitter at first but do they still root for Durant at least? I dunno. That's gotta be a weird situation with them doing so well now

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the Sonics actually, from the Payton/Kemp years, to Allen/Lewis losing years too. Then when Durant arrived as a rookie, I've been a huge fan as well. I am starting to hate Westbrook, dudes too cocky when he makes a shot like he just won a chip and I hate Perkins with a passion too. Overall the team is a young, athletic and exciting team, can't be mad about that. Memphis, I am kind of iffy. They are definitely the surprise of the post-season but I just can't get myself to like them much, something about Randolph that just pisses me off.
Same here. Exactly. Schrempf, Perkins, McMillan were good too. X-Man.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
You seem to know it all. That's what you tell everyone.

All you keep doing is putting words in my mouth, so kindly shut the **** up. Feel free to give your own point of view on **** but don't try to talk about mine.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All you keep doing is putting words in my mouth, so kindly shut the **** up. Feel free to give your own point of view on **** but don't try to talk about mine.

No, you literally tell everyone that "they don't know anything" about the NBA. I've seen it many times in this thread.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I am starting to hate Westbrook, dudes too cocky when he makes a shot like he just won a chip and I hate Perkins with a passion too.

Me too. How do you like him as the future Laker PG though? I could see it. He's from my hometown, went to UCLA, cocky..he's the perfect Laker lol.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Spurs were the #1 seed and got beat in 5 by the ******* Grizzlies probably signifying the end of Duncan/Pop and the Spurs 14 season run of dominance and i heard far far less fanfare. The lakers are still gonna be a top 4 seed next season. The lakers are gonna be okay though obviously need to figure out the pau/bynum/odom structure as it probably is tough to keep financially, find a fisher replacement and rework their bench. Though who knows what the NBA will be like depending on the new CBA bahahaha. I love Phil's answer to the final game question. "I'm not going to answer that question" "As far as i know at the moment this is probably my last game" Giving the media some more to play with for the offseason. I'm sure ESPN will get a lot of good articles out of rumors of Phil going to the Heat (assuming the heat don't win the title this season) or something like that. If the NBA locks out half a season again, maybe he'd be more likely to comeback if he only had to coach half a season somewhere I do like Phil's interviews though. Nice to listen to unlike most postgame athlete/coach interviews. "first of all you don't smoke peyote"
tongue.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too. How do you like him as the future Laker PG though? I could see it. He's from my hometown, went to UCLA, cocky..he's the perfect Laker lol.

Too many TOs, I think. Scoring PGs are the new trend, but I don't know how one would fit in with Kobe. Also, I doubt OKC would let him go to the Lakers. Maybe Jrue Holliday or Darren Collison. I would prefer a more traditional PG right now. Depends on whoever the new coach will be as well. Are people here thinking Shaw will be the new coach?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4b422513.jpg

What a game. Lots of thoughts for later when not on the iPhone.

See, now that is an embarrassing half. I guess it's hard to miss 3pointers when you're wide open.

Mostly this. This game was mainly a complete defensive failure by LA. Any competent NBA shooter left open that long is going to look like a superstar. Most of JET and PS 3's were made with no laker within 10 feet of them for several seconds.

That said, the Mavs defense was smothering at key points in the game.

Oh and Bynum is a punk. At least Lamar went after a 7 footer. Drew punked a little guy.

Lakers had no answer for Dallas on either end of the floor today.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Too many TOs, I think. Scoring PGs are the new trend, but I don't know how one would fit in with Kobe. Also, I doubt OKC would let him go to the Lakers. Maybe Jrue Holliday or Darren Collison. I would prefer a more traditional PG right now. Depends on whoever the new coach will be as well. Are people here thinking Shaw will be the new coach?

I like Collison. He's also from UCLA. He was a beast for half the season in NO filling in for Paul. I had big expectations for him this year but I don't think he fit in with the IND system. Plus their coach was weird with his minutes early on. He could be a great passing PG who can also score

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My question about the Lakers next season, if Phil Jackson is indeed no longer coaching, will the new coach continue using the triangle offense or go a different approach? I'm sure if it is Shaw, they might utilize it, but with the current players having learned the tricky offense, sure it would be tough to change a players' mindset.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads