• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Looking forward to your overture, prelude leading up to the big G&G premier!!

Meanwhile may I entertain you with John Lobb Vale Museum brown 8000 last:

p1030740ath7.jpg

p1030248zf4.jpg

p1030240asb1.jpg

p1030757alm4.jpg

Seamless heel, one piece wholecut construction
p1030751asn1.jpg

p1030748adk3.jpg

What do you wear them with?

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile may I entertain you with John Lobb Vale Museum brown 8000 last:

von Rothbart,

Those Lobbs are plainly perfect.
Design, lasting, hide selection, stitching - all just extremely well done. No further adornment necessary. A most excellent choice.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ze Peemp

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bench made.
smile.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F,

Zee vyzytyng jean lobb artizan workzhop dans nordampton et zaw musee nordampton pour zhoe fabricatzion.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AF,

Zee vyzytyng jean lobb artizan workzhop dans nordampton et zaw musee nordampton pour zhoe fabricatzion.

Each post gets bloody harder to read for some reason...

biggrin.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
VR,

Izh zee in London? Zheeing zee artizan zhtores?

Oui?

You know, that's really annoying.
devil.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VR, I never saw your response to post 1471 (last one before the great "interruption").

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
What, then, do you think of RLPL Grant (monk w/medallion), JL Gary (captoe monk w/medallion), and C&J Chalfonte (full brogue monk w/medallion)?

Originally Posted by LARon
VR, I never saw your response to post 1471 (last one before the great "interruption").

Sorry, I was responding to your question when I was cut off and then I totally forgot it. Now I lost my train of thoughts. My general feeling is that the greater the expanse of uninterrupted leather the better to leave the monk alone. So by applying my own logic, JL Gary and C&J Chalfonte become moot as their expanses are interrupted by a cap and brogueing. I think I'd prefer Vale without brogue by a wide margin. I believe RLPL Grant is just EG Oundle or Stowe with Medallion. So do you like Grant or Stowe better? The bottomline really comes down to the personal preference and aesthetic.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was responding to your question when I was cut off and then I totally forgot it. Now I lost my train of thoughts. My general feeling is that the greater the expanse of uninterrupted leather the better to leave the monk alone. So by applying my own logic, JL Gary and C&J Chalfonte become moot as their expanses are interrupted by a cap and brogueing. I think I'd prefer Vale without brogue by a wide margin. I believe RLPL Grant is just EG Oundle or Stowe with Medallion. So do you like Grant or Stowe better? The bottomline really comes down to the personal preference and aesthetic.

You're absolutely right about that. And just as I prefer women who wear lipstick and a little nail polish, I like a medallion on my shoe -- adds a little somethin'.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLPL Grants

splittoes002mc4.jpg

C&J Chalfonte

splittoes003de4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads