• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

kanukki

Reaction score
Had put in a request for the Acorn Stow with Dainite sole from Pediwear. They just contacted me to let me know that this batch came with brass eyelets and natural welt. Superb improvement!
JwobAGI

bibs

Reaction score
Advisable to put topys on double leather soles ( stows ) after a while ?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bibs
Advisable to put topys on double leather soles ( stows ) after a while ?
I would. Especially since its a boot. You should put them on when they are still new. Once the leather is worn in and soft, itll be too late

bibs

Reaction score
^^ could you mount them on brand new soles or do you need to use it for around 3 days so the topy would stick more ?

rkusmant

Reaction score
if it's too slick, the cobbler can sand down a little before putting the topy, easier and simpler that way

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kanukki
Had put in a request for the Acorn Stow with Dainite sole from Pediwear. They just contacted me to let me know that this batch came with brass eyelets and natural welt. Superb improvement!
JwobAGI

Nice!
They have Acorn Bourtons natural welt too.

Also seem to have just got these.
bluesuedebourtons.jpg

kanukki

Reaction score

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Rippons, the next day. after a few polishings of oxblood, black and navy polish, Leather looks richer now, color deeper. Hate the way new boot leather looks. Once these crease up and the polish works its way into the leather they're gonna shine up awesome.
the creative & skillful rendering of different color polish clearly added dimensions to them... ie, that made them revel.

'just curious__ would such enhancement be possible to make a "C" Goarse pop? i had a couple of [Meltonian] "light brown" coatings on my Maltons, but IMO, they're pretty much conservative & restrained. i don't mind [consequently] altering the original hue permanently.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kanukki
JwobAGI

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Wow, never has a stow looked crispier

Hot damn, just perfect.

kanukki

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Hot damn, just perfect.

It's great to see Pediwear raising their game. Naturally, we're all fans of Richard the Shoehealer here, but nice to get some top class make-ups from other retailers as well at non-MTO price.

I went with the Acorn Bourton's on Dainite from this drop, but there are so many solid options here. Anyone notice the Acorn Monkey Boot ("Sunningdale"), also on Dainite?
2847pediwea.jpg

Francisco

Reaction score
Hi there, I intend to get from leatherSoul their spring Keswicks but not sure about the sizing as I was told the country style tends to be a bit bigger. I wear a C&J lowandes and my other Church's in Uk7. Should I get a 7 for my first Tricker's too?
Would be very thankful for any advice.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calling LS will get you the best answer

personally I wear the same UK size in all my shoes, EG, CJ, Church, Grenson, and Trickers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads