• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
y/n? $70
26-11-2010_nb_574mie_grey_large_1.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
going to go with the nike frees instead*

should have kop at south coast

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
looks good to me. what's the problem? fits nice. does it look/feel nice in person? if so keep it. no one is going to ask you about the country in which it is made

+1

also related thought: lol at the "its made in china so it must be ****" line of thought. Yes, everything made in China must be ****. Theres no way there could be a factory in a country of a billion plus people that's capable of producing a quality product...

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
What's wrong with them? Is it only because of your dislike for madras shorts? As I read a post of yours telling someone not to buy madras shorts. Just wondering. Here is another picture of it...

I mean, they look ugly to me. Pattern looks ugly, colors look ugly (although they don't clash, which is a plus I guess), why wear something ugly when there's a bunch of stuff out there that isn't? I guess they have prep cachet, but in that case you might want something even preppier.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1

also related thought: lol at the "its made in china so it must be ****" line of thought. Yes, everything made in China must be ****. Theres no way there could be a factory in a country of a billion plus people that's capable of producing a quality product...

This isn't my line of thought at all actually. It just irks me that a label like Rag & Bone advertises the hell out of "made in the U.S.A," and even claims it's at the core of their philosophy, then turns around to produce overseas while simultaneously increasing their prices. This shirt retailed for $250, which is outrageous. I completely understand that when it comes to making a solid product, the most important aspect is quality control. China in particular has invested an incredible amount of money into garment manufacturing, and has many factories that are more more than capable of producing quality products.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwahahahaha
This isn't my line of thought at all actually. It just irks me that a label like Rag & Bone advertises the hell out of "made in the U.S.A," and even claims it's at the core of their philosophy, then turns around to produce overseas while simultaneously increasing their prices. This shirt retailed for $250, which is outrageous. I completely understand that when it comes to making a solid product, the most important aspect is quality control. China in particular has invested an incredible amount of money into garment manufacturing, and has many factories that are more more than capable of producing quality products.

yeah, I know it wasn't what you were saying... but it made me think about the sort of comments that I referenced (which pop up here quite often). And yeah, the retail for alot of R&B's stuff is getting ridiculous, especially since a lot of it isn't that nice.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bracelets were horrible, the madras shorts (while not my preferred pattern) were nice!

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo bwahaha, i went thru the exact same thing with the mallory boots. i bought them from forward and they even advertised it as being made in new york. got them and they said made in china. i sort of felt betrayed
redface.gif
(if thats the right word)

i ended up selling them because i just didnt like the connotation it reminded me of every time i wore them.

up to you..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads