• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing an Alden collection picture day? We can always go back to endless sizing questions on another day.

HorseHide

Reaction score
When I was growing up the kids that wore saddle shoes got beat up - I may have even helped a few times
frown.gif

I'm (much) older and maybe a little bit wiser now, but saddle shoes aren't going on my feet...

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Anyone interested in doing an Alden collection picture day? We can always go back to endless sizing questions on another day.

I'm in.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
I'm in.

Let's say Monday is Alden collection pic day.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hesitant to buy a pair of Whiskey LWBs as I feared they may be too similar to my tannish J. Crew version LWBs. As a result, I went and got Whiskey PTBs instead. Here's a side by side comparison to show the similarity/difference in color hues.
25txj45.jpg

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I was hesitant to buy a pair of Whiskey LWBs as I feared they may be too similar to my tannish J. Crew version LWBs. As a result, I went and got Whiskey PTBs instead. Here's a side by side comparison to show the similarity/difference in color hues.
25txj45.jpg

That's my same dilemma. I want a pair of Aldens in Whiskey but have the J-Crew Version of the LWB. I've been leaning toward the PTB and may spring for them soon. The Shoe Mart has them in my size now and I believe they have a 10% off coming up soon.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
That's my same dilemma. I want a pair of Aldens in Whiskey but have the J-Crew Version of the LWB. I've been leaning toward the PTB and may spring for them soon. The Shoe Mart has them in my size now and I believe they have a 10% off coming up soon.
If you really want them, get them now. Whiskey PTBs just got in for Shoemart, this is why they have good sizes left. I believe they only have around 1-2 of each size. There were several times where I bought something from Shoemart and after my transactions were completed, my size was no longer listed as I bought the last pair.

If you don't really mind waiting, then go for it.

Shoemart has probably saved me overall around $500 from taxes.
happy.gif

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
25txj45.jpg

every day is good for whiskey. enjoy wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads