• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Series 7 and 63 Exams

lilmann40

Reaction score
Assuming some of you have taken the exams, do you have any recommendations as far as study materials?

I really do not want to go through one of those classes like Kaplan, etc.

Amazon book links would be best I suppose.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used at the time Fire online training and some securities training Corp. materials.

hanker565

Reaction score
I think I used Securities Training Corp. I had the most success taking practice tests and going over the solutions.

untilted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hanker565
I think I used Securities Training Corp. I had the most success taking practice tests and going over the solutions.

they were good.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I took them many years ago. Whatever books Dean Witter gave me were fine. I was overprepared and aced them while extremely hungover.

kruze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Doesn't your company provide?

This^^. I just read the book over a 2 wk span and passed [the 6/63].

Haven't needed the 7 yet for what I am doing.

zach_a

Reaction score
Securities Training Corp has been mentioned... and should be your go-to. STC online practice tests.... take them repeatedly until you're scoring high-80s/low-90s percentages. If you feel the need, read the book first.

Series 7 will probably take a week or two to prep for, especially if you feel the need to read much of the material before trying practice tests.

Series 63 is probably one-to-two days. Not a lot of content there.

gibson55

Reaction score
passthe7.com --- I got a 90 on the 7 and an 86 on the 66. Good luck!

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilmann40
Assuming some of you have taken the exams, do you have any recommendations as far as study materials?

I really do not want to go through one of those classes like Kaplan, etc.

Amazon book links would be best I suppose.

Back in the day you could pay a Russian guy to take it for you, ID/security measures too tough now
smile.gif

Like most have said already, STC books are good. Your company should provide you with them.
No need for Kaplan class unless you're a poor test taker.
I had no experience at all (never took a biz class) passed with ease on the first shot.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Back in the day you could pay a Russian guy to take it for you, ID/security measures too tough now
smile.gif

LOL!
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Back in the day you could pay a Russian guy to take it for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Kaplan materials for the Series 63 exam. If you want I'd be down to sell it to you, I was able to just study from that book and take some quizzes on the website and passed first try. The 63 is pretty easy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads