• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
TTO, you look amazing lately. I'm actually jealous. Great job man, everything seems to fit well and look good.

Cosigning this post. The trimmed barnet and beard are working well too. The other day I saw a photo and thought 'I don't wear brown, I don't wear pinstripes and I'm not crazy about DB suits and yet that was among the best photos I've seen in a long while'. Well done TTO.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
Mike, you Rock that hat dude!
What where you celebrating, or does this **** just happen in N.O. ?
-TTO

LOL, Cinqo de Mayo!!!

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
My guess is either Cinqo de Mayo or mike has outed himself and joined a gay mariachi band as lead tambourinist!
biggrin.gif

LOL. Mike plays the GUITAR, people. With scowl.

Originally Posted by TTO
Ahh, should have been able to figure that out for myself...funny, I thought Mike played the triangle!
-TTO

plain.gif

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Only in a three-way
devil.gif

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by TTO

Not warm enough for the Linen/mohair DB in the end so this is what I wore out for my birthday drinks!
-TTO

I see those ties are getting some good use, Theo!!!

Mike

interval

Reaction score
TTO -- What kind of suit is that, if you don't mind me asking? It's great.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

d725cc84.jpg

cb9f71b0.jpg

738f46f0.jpg

cc0e0237.jpg

Good stuff, Spoo

Originally Posted by upr_crust

IMGP0518465x1280.jpg

IMGP0519718x1280.jpg

IMGP05131091x1280.jpg

IMGP0514903x1280.jpg

[/spoiler]

I'll endorse the combo, Señor Crust

Originally Posted by TTO
[/spoiler]
Drunk
-TTO

Been there. I hope the morning was kind to you.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Ole', Motherfuckers!!!
lol8[1].gif

Cicno%20003.jpg
¡Viva!

Originally Posted by Navi
feeling blue!

IMG_20110506_155321-1.jpg

IMG_20110506_155359.jpg
Not sold on the similarity between tie and PS

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mates for the kind words.

Still on the move. Jumping from there...
Picture1179.jpg

....to here.
Picture1705.jpg

Picture1693-1.jpg

Being a secret agent man is such tough work.
Picture1787.jpg

Don't hate
laugh.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we having fun yet? Switched to white PS w tv fold and Bass Weejuns after this shot.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
TB ... where you usually get your shirts from? Next batch of shirts you buy, consider going with more muted patterns than what you have now. Wear more solids - specifically cream, white and blue.

Your tie selection has improved vastly and you have nice indiviudal items but your outfits need to be more cohesive in terms of color. If you want examples, Manton and Parker do this really well. Note that you don't have to get expensive items to get this cohesive look.

Thanks for the ideas, srivats. I actually used to wear a lot of solid shirts, but that was back when I also wore loud, patterned ties. Now that I've classed up my neckties a bit (by toning them down), I thought I should give them a better background so I've been branching out into checks and stripes. That said, however, I do plan to order a few more solids from MyTailor.com -- the source of most of my shirts these days -- and I'll also be adding another subdued check or two. In addition, based on wide consensus from my WAYWRN brethren, I'm ordering all my new shirts with wider spread collars.

I'd like to better understand your point about color cohesion. I've made a big effort over the past year to tone down my shirt and tie colors, and I've also broken my old habit of always pairing a solid shirt in a light color with a necktie in a darker shade of that same color. Give me some more pointers on making my color combos more cohesive without sending me back in the direction of slavish harmonizing, as seen here in some of my earliest WAYWRN posts:

NavyBlazer2.jpg

Purple.jpg

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Cosigning this TB. You are one of my favourite posters in WAYWRN and have pretty much nailed the conservative business dress look, trim and well fitting. My only slight criticism is that as king of monochrome your pictures sometimes look a bit drab for my tastes, I would be more inclined to throw in some more colourful ties and squares. Didn't know you were a teacher. If more teachers dressed half as good as you there may even be some hope for the future!
laugh.gif

It's deeply gratifying to learn that there are members here who look forward to my posts. Thanks for letting me know that, Ian.
fistbump.gif
Be careful what you ask for, though, regarding color. This is where I was on that front almost exactly a year ago:

BBjacket.jpg

BlueBurgundy2.jpg

Yikes, right?
bounce2.gif
I think I'm much better off erring on the conservative side. Besides, at 51 I probably ought to be angling more toward classy and understated than toward bold and brassy. Yes, I realize that there's lots of middle ground in between, but I doubt my ability to safely occupy that territory.

I would LOVE to hear from more members about how I did last week. I can't get better without feedback, gents, so let me have it!
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2935

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I'm Asian like you but I just have my hair cut short and even. I never liked the idea of spiked hair but that's just my opinion. Don't you feel like it clashes with the navy blazer?

I would never wear pants that show my socks while standing still.

Do you wax? I just got used to spiking hair after 7+ years of doing it; my hair grows like crazy because at the end of this month, it'll grow about 2-3 inches from what it is now.

Sent you a PM, btw.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Threadbearer, wow! I haven't been on the forum for a year yet but as they used to say on Virginia Slims adverts, you've come a long way baby!

I've seen you mention before your formerly ... 'eccentric' taste in ties had a hard time picturing it. you've clearly found your niche more recently so keep on keepin on!

Chico2007

Reaction score
From last night on our way out to a retirement party.
SC is Hart Schaffner Marx. It is the "Golden Bear", half lined, with silver buttons with little golf clubs on them. As a (bad) golfer I thought I liked them , but considering swapping them out. Maybe the sleeves are a bit short too.
Tie is an old Brooks Bros. with sentimental value. I purchased it at the store that was once across from the WTC when I was working in tower 2 (64th floor).
1zb731e.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads