• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

spoolinq

Reaction score
I got this zegna blazer and was wondering the authenticity of it because the tag is ripped off
frown.gif
This blazer looks vintage and smells older than my grandparents. Please let me know what you think. thanks!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the patch, it may be authentic but old, as in 70s old. THe thing that will tell is taking a look at the spec sheet inside the pocket.

ianGP

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering somewhere that D&G can sometimes have Dolce & Gabbana written along with it but never the other way around....but that's mostly for streetwear and such. Is this tux real?
dg1.jpg
dg2.jpg
dg3.jpg
*edit: had to rehost pics*

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this shirt real or fake? I have NO experience with Armani, so rulings and explanation would be appreciated (or direction to where all this information is!).

951socal

Reaction score
yeah thats real, however its not the runway brand, its one of the many diffusion lines they have. oh and its old, probabl like 20 years at least. Thrift store find? its the precussor to the Armani Collezoni line.

when they shortned the name, hey sarted showing smaller scale shows. Alot of people get confused becuase they google Giorgio amrani and they find the black labels with the name and MADE IN ITALY lettering.

and they want to belive they found something great, and argue with BUT IT SAYS GIORGIO ARMANI AND MADE IN ITALY LIE THE NEWER RUNWAY LABELS
since they hate hearing the news.

i have a few of those shirts, they're not bad actually.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ianGP
Hey guys, I was wondering somewhere that D&G can sometimes have Dolce & Gabbana written along with it but never the other way around....but that's mostly for streetwear and such.

Is this tux real?

dg1.jpg

dg2.jpg

dg3.jpg

*edit: had to rehost pics*

Label looks fake.

mgz

Reaction score
Soo, just how fake is this tie I found today?

I reckon it´s rather fake, mostly because of that vulgar price tag. The labels are green BTW, not black as in the picture.

What do you think, and how can I tell?
Tanks!

m

Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B01%2BPM.jpg

Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B19%2BPM.jpg

Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B11%2BPM.jpg

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgz
Soo, just how fake is this tie I found today? I reckon it´s rather fake, mostly because of that vulgar price tag. The labels are green BTW, not black as in the picture. What do you think, and how can I tell? Tanks! m
Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B01%2BPM.jpg
Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B19%2BPM.jpg
Photo%2Bmai%2B16%252C%2B6%2B50%2B11%2BPM.jpg

Fake! Guide: http://reviews.ebay.com/The-Hermes-T...00000002989634 What tipped me off is the price on the tie tag, the Hermes - Paris on the tag and the black lining.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
socal,
Thanks for the info
Originally Posted by 951socal
Thrift store find? its the precussor to the Armani Collezoni line.

yep
Originally Posted by 951socal
i have a few of those shirts, they're not bad actually.

And that's the real point, so I'm just gonna wear it.
nod[1].gif

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
IMAG0163.jpg
???

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VelvetGreen
IMAG0163.jpg

???

What about it? Genuine, no-one is going to knock off Aquascutum. If you're lucky it'll have been made by Chester Barrie, though it doesn't look so from the labels.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
What about it? Genuine, no-one is going to knock off Aquascutum. If you're lucky it'll have been made by Chester Barrie, though it doesn't look so from the labels.

Bought it from a thrift store, wanted to make sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads