• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
sbtg-lazy-nike-dunk-camo-1.jpg
these are awesome

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like someone else said, I'm surprised more companies aren't going with the clean, minimal aesthetic of common projects. Would be great to have some non $300+ alternatives since they're going to be beat to **** anyways.

Erik Schedin sneakers (anyone have more info?):
Schedin_New_Shoes.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
TO EVERYONE DISAGREEING WITH ME REGARDING LEATHER QUALITY: Sorry, CP leather sucks... when compared to leather from footwear makers such as Vass, Edward Green, Gaziano and Girling, etc there is simply no comparison. Not even the same universe of leather quality. Hell, Alden has exponentially better leather than CP. All of you children saying "lol no, CP leather is great Moo, you are dumb... MOM, THE MEATLOAF!" are probably comparing it to leather found in Nike Dunks or what have you. In which case, I'm sure it's the best leather you've ever felt. But in the greater realm of leather quality, CP leather sucks dick. Sorry. Edit: and before people say "well, Moo, you're comparing $300 sneakers with $1000 shoes... apples and oranges." Sorry - this is wrong. I am comparing some of the "best" sneakers in the world with some of the "best" dress shoes in the world. They are the best in their respective categories.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
moo rant

in the end of the day it is still 300 vs 1000.
uhoh.gif

you are like saying wow golf gti is the best in its class and lets compare it with 458 italia. which is plain dumb.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
in the end of the day it is still 300 vs 1000.
uhoh.gif

you are like saying wow golf gti is the best in its class and lets compare it with 458 italia. which is plain dumb.

No. What YOU, and the other people here are saying is that the Golf GTI is "really great", while I am saying that it's not so great when compared to other cars. OK, to make the easier to understand... Allen Edmonds "seconds" (something like $119) blows away CP leather. Happy? It's craptastic leather. It feels like rubber. It creases poorly. It does not patinate well. It does not polish well. It is cheap.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More importantly, who believes that CP sneakers are the best sneakers? Jesus Christ, far from it. The reason people buy it is for design: it's sleek and the leather is better than most sneakers out there. The leather on your $1000 shoes IS probably better, but who the **** cares? You sound like the type who would put fuckin shoetrees in sneakers

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
No. What YOU, and the other people here are saying is that the Golf GTI is "really great", while I am saying that it's not so great when compared to other cars. OK, to make the easier to understand... Allen Edmonds "seconds" (something like $119) blows away CP leather. Happy? It's craptastic leather. It feels like rubber. It creases poorly. It does not patinate well. It does not polish well. It is cheap.
1159[1].gif
cp is the best in its class, but i'll be happy for you to prove me wrong. no one buys sneakers for patina and no one polishes sneakers.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
1159[1].gif
cp is the best in its class, but i'll be happy for you to prove me wrong. no one buys sneakers for patina and no one polishes sneakers.

So why gives a **** about sneaker quality then? CP IS BEST IN A CLASS OF ****** SNEAKERS. absolutely.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where the **** is AR to put Moo in his place? Jesus Christ, for someone who gets so sensitive about AR's tirades you talk a whole lot of bullshit

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Where the **** is AR to put Moo in his place? Jesus Christ, for someone who gets so sensitive about AR's tirades you talk a whole lot of bullshit

Thats it? Calling your wispy friend already? Your skin is thinner than CP leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads