• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

AE7

Reaction score
To be honest the tux on the left looks very cheap to me. Both in colour, material, drape and details.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Look good, but why do they have both the buttons closed?

That is the traditional way to wear it.

The shoes, on the other hand, are anything but traditional.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
That is the traditional way to wear it.

The shoes, on the other hand, are anything but traditional.

laugh.gif

The young king to be has still a few things to learn.

100 yrs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
Would have been a good look had he worn proper shoes

grayzurbruegg20110426_0009a.jpg

Nice guy, he sold me some levi's not too long ago. I really like this look. Curious, is there a specific name for the type of pattern on the coat?

BerryWall

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I like the overall look of Big C's suit much much better than William. William looks like the clothes are wearing him - charles is wearing his clothes.

Always the mark of a truly well-dressed man (or woman).

tgt465

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs
Curious, is there a specific name for the type of pattern on the coat?

Hard to tell from just that pic, but it looks like a brown/tan glen plaid with blue overcheck.

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I like the overall look of Big C's suit much much better than William. William looks like the clothes are wearing him - charles is wearing his clothes.

Agreed... and like someone else said... what the heck is that DJ and brogues thing? If they would just wear what they should (patent shoes/pumps) it would all work so much better... J

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys with massive hands and too close together eyes should not try and get all sprezzy with teh unbuckled double monk and loose end of tie. No. They should not.

edit - Pretty much a basic rule to follow is if you have a natural cowlick, you should not attempt sprezz.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I consider sockless monkstraps to be such an affront to nature.
Not only is it unseemly, it just screams that this guy does nothing but read "menswear" blogs in between bouts of World of Warcraft.

Poindexter

Reaction score
I find it interesting that somewhere along the line Charlie has lost the Alfred E. Neumann persona. He actually looks like someone I'd like to meet.

joz411no

Reaction score
It's much easier to fasten a pair of monks than a laced pair of shoes. How many of these same people would think it was fashionable to walk around with shoes untied? I just don't get it, not to mention what bare feet do to the inside of your shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads