• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i've got a collection of those. my all-time favorite came after we ran a cover story on white asparagus. from one Rita K. Ramp (ritakramp?): I am a 62-year-old Grandmother and admittedly it has been a few years since I've had sex. Is that why your cover story of white asparagus looks like a lovely garden of slender penises? Don't know for sure whether it's legit, but i certainly hope so.
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Today I sat at the golf course enjoying the sun, the view, and a generous portion of Yellow Tail and Octopus sashimi. It made me very happy!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Just picked up a 12" all-clad D5 fry pan

wow mordecai, if just picking up a pan makes you that happy, imagine how you'll feel when you actually heat it up!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
wow mordecai, if just picking up a pan makes you that happy, imagine how you'll feel when you actually heat it up!

laugh.gif

Well played.

Imagine when there's food in it too.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Am I the only one OCD about fry pan boxes? I like to keep my pans in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pan, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pan w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one OCD about fry pan boxes? I like to keep my pans in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pan, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pan w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

yes.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Today I sat at the golf course enjoying the sun, the view, and a generous portion of Yellow Tail and Octopus sashimi. It made me very happy!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

damn man, when i lived near tesuque the only thing you could get was fry bread and chimayo chile. (not complaining about the latter)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm going to resist the urge to make a smart ass comment here and ask, seriously, why this is? What good does the box do? You're going to wash it out anyways before you use it, right? Ever been to a restaurant supply store? Nothing is boxed.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has a guy in a velvet collared coat ever followed you around?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
No, but my assistant mentioned seeing someone like this on his way back from picking me up some of those stickers that come on Le Creuset dutch ovens.
patch[1].gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
do you use them with the stickers on?

facepalm.gif
Obviously not. That's why the replacement stickers are necessary for when I'm not using them.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
damn man, when i lived near tesuque the only thing you could get was fry bread and chimayo chile. (not complaining about the latter)

Yeah, you have to gain an appreciation for NM Cuisine. Hopefully taking in some Tomasitas posole and red chile for dinner. As for the Sushi, it's in Los Alamos and the guy doesn't do anything fancy but he gives me a lot, it is fresh (nothing is fresh anymore most is frozen then thawed), and a good price.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
Obviously not. That's why the replacement stickers are necessary for when I'm not using them.

thank god. I was worried about you for a minute there.

Carry on...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads