• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW 535i, Audi A7 or Jaguar XF?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XF

your dad can walk int meetings late, and when they ask him why he is late he can say, "I was driving the Jag.."

He'll be off the hook for everything he is late to.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the new Jags...but then I saw a damn Hyunday that resembled a Jag very closely...
...Now the love is gone
confused.gif

...modern day Bimmers ain't what they used to be, I hear, in handling and teh ride: softer and vague

rlx

Reaction score
I've had both the BMW and the Audi (A6, not the A7). I'd definitely go with the Audi.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I have the A6 and love it. Possibly considering getting the A7 or XF as well. I like Audi's in general and think the A7 looks great. Have not driven it yet.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many posting in this thread have actually driven the XF? I have, and I've driven the new XJ, both in the supercharged iterations. Anyone basing their opinions on Jaguar models earlier than these two, needs to re-evaluate Jaguar. My next car will likely be an XJ SC. It blows the ******* doors off my 08 750 in every conceivable way and it's also more of a driver's car than the current F01 7 series, which I have driven several times. I think the XF supercharged is a fantastic car for the money and I think it looks great too. The gear shifter is ******* stupid, but otherwise I have no complaints.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Drove the XF and I liked it as well. Nice interior as well. I like the way the care looks although I don't like the scallop detail on the headlights.

billsayers

Reaction score
Screw the Audi and BMW. The Jaguar is the right choice but not the model you posted. The XJ is superb.

I had the chance to evaluate it overnight and it is exactly what you want a luxury vehicle to be.

The A7 looks too simple and the 535i is played.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
-----oh *******

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
How many posting in this thread have actually driven the XF? I have, and I've driven the new XJ, both in the supercharged iterations. Anyone basing their opinions on Jaguar models earlier than these two, needs to re-evaluate Jaguar. My next car will likely be an XJ SC. It blows the ******* doors off my 08 750 in every conceivable way and it's also more of a driver's car than the current F01 7 series, which I have driven several times. I think the XF supercharged is a fantastic car for the money and I think it looks great too. The gear shifter is ******* stupid, but otherwise I have no complaints.

I test drove an XF premium, and liked the ride/handling quite well; very nice amount of power, too

Regrettably, the styling is ho-hum and lost its jaguar-ness which is what attracted customers to the brand in the first place.
Well below average reliability record continues to plague the brand as well. Perhaps, those are some of the reasons they are offering 0% financing (always detrimental to resale value in the long run) and some aggressive leases

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
I test drove an XF premium, and liked the ride/handling quite well; very nice amount of power, too

Regrettably, the styling is ho-hum and lost its jaguar-ness which is what attracted customers to the brand in the first place.
Well below average reliability record continues to plague the brand as well. Perhaps, those are some of the reasons they are offering 0% financing (always detrimental to resale value in the long run) and some aggressive leases

They have aggressive lease deals for the new XJ as well. It's likely to hurt resale value in the long run.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally saw an A7 in real life the other day. That is one gorgeous car.

--Andre

WorkingOnIt

Reaction score
A7 then the XF then the 535.

Regardless of the supposed reliability issue with Audi, I find their recent models to be absolutely gorgeous.

The XF is also a sweet looking car, but slightly less on my radar than the Audi.

The 535... well, everyone has a 3 or 5 series around here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads