• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Sycomore. Love this frag! Low projection so it is work friendly too.

I've got to try this. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong consensus about any fragrance on SOTD!

It's Bal a Versailles edp for me today.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
This the unisex 'Untitled' release? What thoughts? Anyone else?
I was unimpressed.
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I've got to try this. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong consensus about any fragrance on SOTD! It's Bal a Versailles edp for me today.
Meh. Somehow cupcake, I don't think it'll be up your alley. Its overwhelmingly green and not in an "unwashed crotch" kind of way.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Original Vetiver

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chanel Pour Monsieur - the european version (non-concentree). Very different from the American lemon ice cream scent.

tps16

Reaction score
Scent free for the last 2 days
Today, CPM (original version)

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Carthusia Corallium today, a sample I got from Barney's last weekend. Green/citrus opening with a nice cedar and touch of vanilla drydown. If you like Sycomore you should check this out. Only $85 for 50ml at Lucky Scent.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

Meh. Somehow cupcake, I don't think it'll be up your alley. Its overwhelmingly green and not in an "unwashed crotch" kind of way.

laugh.gif
You're right, though, that Sycomore isn't the kind of fragrance I typically get excited about. I'll get myself a small sample anyway, just to see what everyone's talking about.

Muscs Koublai Khan today. That's the kind of fragrance that's more up my alley!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Declaration Essense. Nice stuff, just wish they made a 50ml bottle.

last night Frederic Malle was in town at Holt's so I went past to have a chat with him. We got into a bit of a debate about whether or not reformulations should be labelled as such.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Declaration Essense. Nice stuff, just wish they made a 50ml bottle. last night Frederic Malle was in town at Holt's so I went past to have a chat with him. We got into a bit of a debate about whether or not reformulations should be labelled as such.
Did you tell that ****** that he needs to get with the program?

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
laugh.gif
You're right, though, that Sycomore isn't the kind of fragrance I typically get excited about. I'll get myself a small sample anyway, just to see what everyone's talking about.

Muscs Koublai Khan today. That's the kind of fragrance that's more up my alley!

Have you tried Portrait of a Lady? An "oriental rose" so maybe still not your cup of tea. For some reason I thought of you when I tried it.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Have you tried Portrait of a Lady? An "oriental rose" so maybe still not your cup of tea. For some reason I thought of you when I tried it.

I haven't yet, but it's definitely on my radar, since rose is one of my favorite notes. Also, I'm a big fan of FM's other roses: Une Rose and Lipstick Rose. I think I'll include it in my next order from Perfumed Court.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads