• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**The Official P90X Thread**

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Where do you hook the bands onto though?

you do have an actual door, right?

most band sets come with door anchors.

dooranchor.jpg
TRX%20Door%20Anchor.jpg

If not, screw a hook into the wall and loop them through the hook.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just finshed up finals today and will be going back home where my p90x awaits me. For the last 3 years, I've been at the 160-165. That being said I totally have a gut that I'm tired of, so I hope this works.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
I dont have a door that supports the pullup bar
frown.gif
God damn....

There are resistance band variations for people with your situation. They show it in the exercises. You do need a closed door, however. I use resistance bands all the time, they're great.
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
I just finshed up finals today and will be going back home where my p90x awaits me. For the last 3 years, I've been at the 160-165. That being said I totally have a gut that I'm tired of, so I hope this works.
Nice! A few things I've learned - take it really slow the first few workouts - it's so easy to overdo it - just in time to suffer another workout the next day. Watch your lower back during all of the exercises. If you feel any tightness or discomfort, use a lighter weight or do a modified version of the exercise until your back strengthens up. If you strain your back you'll have to wait several days or longer before continuing. Get some pushup stands or some square dumbbells.
in0mNa.jpg

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dries Van Noten
Insanity >>> P90x

Is it? They seem very different. Didn't your wrists hurt after all the pushups and burpees ?

bjornb17

Reaction score
Finished P90X!!! Woo. Time to do it again starting next week!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dries Van Noten
Insanity >>> P90x

Only until "totally bonkers" or "mega-shred" comes out.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's not enough resistance work in Insanity for me.

P90X is a more balanced program.

Bean Counter

Reaction score
I'm on day 30 today (Plyo - damn!) and I'm loving it so far. After doing the shoulder/chest/tri workout yesterday I could barely use my arms. Today my tri's feel like they are going to explode through my shirt - haha. After 30 days I'm already noticing an improvement - especially my abs and arms.

Overall, its a great variety of workouts that don't really get boring. Tony can be a bit annoying, but you can always turn down the volume and put your own music on...

Hey - if I can knock out an hour a day during tax season (i'm an accountant), then anyone can squeeze in an hour a day - just make the commitment. Its only 90 days...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pro-tip: After you've been through the program a couple of times, you can start skipping the warmups/cooldowns which can cut up to 15 mins from the workouts.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
There's not enough resistance work in Insanity for me.

P90X is a more balanced program.

I prefer Insanity over P90X mainly because I'm already big and don't really need to do that much resistance training. I'm more worried about keepin my cardio up.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I've got one of these because I had the same problem: http://trapezerigging.com/FreeStandi...ablePullupBar/ It's not as good as a rock solid pull up bar at a gym or anything, but it works pretty well. You could also get some bands to do pulldowns to replace the pull ups.
Originally Posted by TRINI
How do you like it?
I like it enough but I won't profess that it's perfect. It's solid and feels like it's well put together -- it's not a fisher price toy. If you need a pull up bar and can't do the doorway option, it's great. It's easy to take down/put up so if you live in a small place, that's a huge plus. It works well for the straight up and down movements, ie. pull ups, chin ups, close grip pull ups, etc. However it doesn't work that well for those two complex pull up variations where your weight isn't equally distributed across the bar (the variation where you push yourself away from the bar and the variation where you move yourself back & forth at the top of the pull up movement). Sometimes I'd prefer that the bar was thicker -- not because I think it's going to break, but because from a feel perspective I'd like it to be thicker. But if I really wanted to I could add some tape to make it thicker. Just to add to the discussion, these are some other home fitness products I'm very happy with: -- Powerblock U90 (Stage 1), goes up to 55 lbs (used for P90X) -- P90X PowerStands Push-Up Stands (used for P90X) -- Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand -- Bodylastics Strong Man Bands (used for p90x)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bjornb17;4424536 said:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I like it enough but I won't profess that it's perfect. It's solid and feels like it's well put together -- it's not a fisher price toy. If you need a pull up bar and can't do the doorway option, it's great.

It's easy to take down/put up so if you live in a small place, that's a huge plus. It works well for the straight up and down movements, ie. pull ups, chin ups, close grip pull ups, etc. However it doesn't work that well for those two complex pull up variations where your weight isn't equally distributed across the bar (the variation where you push yourself away from the bar and the variation where you move yourself back & forth at the top of the pull up movement). Sometimes I think the bar is too thin, but if I really wanted to I could add some tape to make it thicker.

Cool. I ordered it because the doorframe bar i currently use doesn't allow me to get really wide on pull ups.

What happens when you do the corncob pullups? Does it rock a lot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads