• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
"'dumpy nerd' is so hot right now" /styleforum waywt thread

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think "quirky" has become the SW&D equivalent of MC "sprezz." Both seem to be euphemisms for "looks like ****".

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
it's quirky americana men looking to appeal exclusively to other quirky americana men

I use it to appeal to Korean girls, but for the most part that is a relatively accurate statement.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
it's quirky americana men looking to appeal exclusively to other quirky americana men
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
"'dumpy nerd' is so hot right now" /styleforum waywt thread
lol8[1].gif
but really, it's just a poor fit in my eyes as well (the double pattern with stripes and plaid is seizure-inducing - i dont care how wild n crazy you are - and pants are just too big for him). EG isn't made for everyone. Very few actually, imo. I've owned one EG piece in my life that fit me, out of maybe qty 5-7. I wanted to roll in EG, and i couldnt. Just too boxy and a weird cut for teh thinner gentlemen. I think you need to be a big guy to rock it best. The pictures do make me think "dumpy nerd" too and I would say that would be 'insulting' and :gasp: but i think thats what timpo is going for right there..so.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete

c66c796e.jpg

If you can tell me, honestly, that this **** looks cool and stylish, then you are guilty of drinking the koolaid and nothing can help you.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I use it to appeal to Korean girls, but for the most part that is a relatively accurate statement.

****. kags like the americana? i've been doing it so, so wrong. korean girls love touching my ro leatherz tho
devil.gif

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in my limited college experience, korean girls will touch just about anything, though (0).

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dont tell that to mr EG there, he will bring his black cloud to my homeland and sterilize everybody with 'dumpy'

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
****. kags like the americana? i've been doing it so, so wrong. korean girls love touching my ro leatherz tho
devil.gif

I mean, my girlfriend isn't a KAG per-se, just a fashion student. She doesn't mind it though >: )

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can tell me, honestly, that this **** looks cool and stylish, then you are guilty of drinking the koolaid and nothing can help you.
Yes, I definitely think that this is the epitome of cool and stylish. And I certainly think that you have the most descerning eye of everyone here. That's why we all should dress the way you think is cool. I most definitely think that timpo and SVB should take advantage of your wealth of knowledge in matters cool and stylish.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yo dudes, remember the days when you spent $2K on looking cool, and not like ****?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo dudes, remember the days when you spent $2K on looking cool, and not like ****?

likk owenz

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Yes, I definitely think that this is the epitome of cool and stylish. And I certainly think that you have the most descerning eye of everyone here. That's why we all should dress the way you think is cool. I most definitely think that timpo and SVB should take advantage of your wealth of knowledge in matters cool and stylish.

He'd be better off. (0)

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone can successfully articulate how/why that looks 'cool and stylish' i shall drinketh from the bleach in my next fitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads