• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got your fb pm, send me your number ill call while im there.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do they have older collection stuff? I dont get how these sample sales work

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
true, problem is I use this as my venting, and I don't speak a lot in real life about problem related stuff so I talk a lot about myself on here because of this. Heres what happened to me this week, which is giving me trouble.

1. dumb ***** leaves me for my friend

2. wallet stolen at a bar, get charged $400 in walgreens expenses.

3. get jumped by 6 guys cuz I decided to hit on/get with a girl to forget about girl 1. Apparently she had a bf...

dont wanna discuss any of this anymore, but just to give you a little info about whats making me feel like crap lately. If you somehow care PM me.

I'm probably too old (36) to really understand venting on the internet rather than in real life - put it this way - when I was an undergrad, a 486 was the epitome of computing power - but I've been around social media since it started. My observation is that it's a lot like real life, except that people tend to be keyboard warriors. So, I'm not going to say "don't vent", but I'll say that venting on the internet can often get you more frustrated than you were in the first place. Go to the gym. Get into a full contact combat sport. Trust me, those are much better ways to work off the frustration. Nothing quite like cathartic violence.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Why do they have older collection stuff? I dont get how these sample sales work

All sample sales are typically older collection that has been sitting in storage, as well as true samples.

Since CdG hasn't had a sample sale in anyone's (at least on the internet) memory, there is like ~10 years of stuff that gathered up in some warehouse or something and they are unleashing it on the world over the course of 4 days, which is actually a pretty huge deal.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Dude, just take a personal day or something.

My boss won't let me ahahaa.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sucks, theres gonna be jack **** left tomorrow. ******* Twinks.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
don't worry, you'll change your mind soon

edited cuz I knew one of you was gonna do that.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm probably too old (36) to really understand venting on the internet rather than in real life - put it this way - when I was an undergrad, a 486 was the epitome of computing power - but I've been around social media since it started. My observation is that it's a lot like real life, except that people tend to be keyboard warriors. So, I'm not going to say "don't vent", but I'll say that venting on the internet can often get you more frustrated than you were in the first place. Go to the gym. Get into a full contact combat sport. Trust me, those are much better ways to work off the frustration. Nothing quite like cathartic violence.

I go to the gym 3 times a week. Listening to music calms me as well, this is just another outlet.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haah, I dont try to bulk up, I lost 8 lbs though...body fat begones.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's crazy. You were already mad skinny from what I remember. What music do you listen to?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Damn, that's crazy. You were already mad skinny from what I remember. What music do you listen to?

Someone start a "what music does lane probably listen to" thread

Nah that's mean

But probably

Trent Reznor

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
industrial rock, noise/power electronics, old school hip hop, psychadelic rock, post punk rock

my favorite genres, but I listen to everything. Even J-pop...lol. Also, im not that dismissive of popular music as I use to be cuz I love rihanna for example.

Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Someone start a "what music does lane probably listen to" thread

Nah that's mean

But probably

Trent Reznor

you looked at my postings in SZ, but yah I've started relistening to NIN these last few months, CLICHE. Haven't done so since highschool, but I have been revisiting my juvenile past or maybe finding security in it.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could see him listening to Stars of the Lid and mad amounts of drone

Do you go to concerts often? If you don't, you really should. Especially punk rock shows, always incredible energy and movement and everyone there has really awesome attitudes as well, good atmosphere to make friends or just be angry with other people

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
This sucks, theres gonna be jack **** left tomorrow. ******* Twinks.
The sales associates were really excited about the restocks so I have a feeling they'll be really good ones too. As is the place was completely filled to the brim with stuff (at least as full as it can be without being a COMPLETE disaster) and there was a LOT of product moving out. Since they anticipated 3 days of refreshes it sounds like they have a ton of **** and there will be really good restocks. I wouldn't get too down. I'm more afraid that it'll get better as time goes on when I can't make it
plain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads