• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the death of coffee

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm rarely in New York, don't drink coffee, hate hot dogs, and probably eat pizza 5 times a year total. However, when I am in New York, I like hitting up the ****** "regional" chains for coffee, the stands for hot dogs, and touristy pizza joints like Two Boots. I guess I try to recapture the young adulthood as a poser hippie that I never had
confused.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
LOL, starbucks in Hong Kong is ~40 dollars and up.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
In HKD or USD?
Surely hkd, coffee from international brands is 2 to 5 usd in india

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeman
Where I live, my options are Starbucks or Speedway coffee with extra caffeine--no thanks. I really like my french press. I just wish I could get some good beans. Do you guys know of anywhere that has great fresh beans and ships?
www.coffeesofhawaii.com try the kona nightingale

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
How much of a snob are you?
biggrin.gif

Make your own blends and make your own siphon brews?
biggrin.gif

I have still yet to try siphon coffee.

Just a low-grade snob.
smile.gif
I buy fresh beans from my local coffee shop (they roast their own every couple days) and just make it one cup at a time in a cone filter. They have a siphon contraption at the shop, but I've never tried it. I'm also sort of against the fetishization of coffee at places like Blue Bottle. Not really against good coffee, it's just I can't stand waiting in line for 20 minutes for a $3.50 drip coffee.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just like to reiterate that Stumptown is the ****. I just wish it was a closer walk from work.

Kunk, you ever get their beans? Is it worth it? I'd hate to buy a bag and ruin with my horrible french-pressing skills.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I'm also sort of against the fetishization of coffee at places like Blue Bottle. Not really against good coffee, it's just I can't stand waiting in line for 20 minutes for a $3.50 drip coffee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

Sazerac

Reaction score
Cheapass Cafe Bustelo from the corner bodega for me.

Then again, some days I don't wear pants, so take my recommendations with a grain of salt.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeman
Where I live, my options are Starbucks or Speedway coffee with extra caffeine--no thanks. I really like my french press. I just wish I could get some good beans. Do you guys know of anywhere that has great fresh beans and ships?
Of course. What's your budget, though? Jamaica Blue Mountain is the world's smoothest and arguably best. It's so good the Japanese have bought up most of the growing estates on the island and ship 85% of the beans back to Japan. http://www.bluemountaincoffee.com/in...t&CategoryID=1 Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee or Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is a classification of coffee grown in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. The best lots of Blue Mountain coffee are noted for their mild flavour and lack of bitterness. Over the last several decades, this coffee has developed a reputation that has made it one of the most expensive and sought-after coffees in the world; over 80% of all Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is exported to Japan. - Wikipedia Much more affordable and very, very, very good are the various coffees carried by Terroir in Boston http://www.terroircoffee.com/ read the reviews - http://www.coffeereview.com/allreviews.cfm?search=1

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, i buy it all the time

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I would just like to reiterate that Stumptown is the ****. I just wish it was a closer walk from work.

Kunk, you ever get their beans? Is it worth it? I'd hate to buy a bag and ruin with my horrible french-pressing skills.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Culture on 38th makes one of the best cups in Manhattan. There's an italian place on 17th or 18th right near union sq that makes a great cup. South Side makes the best cup in Brooklyn. 6th Ave @ 19th st.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Do you just get regular drip coffee or opt for espresso or french press or something? I can't remember. I know you'll drink whatever you can find but i mean what you prefer.

We actually have some good places over here. I usually don't make it there but whenever i'm in the area i try to grab a cup. I usually just french press stuff at work since there is a hot water dispenser and i'll just use some nice george howell beans when i feel like something good

Next time i'm in nyc i'll have to go by stumptown. Maybe find me some of that monkey **** coffee somewhere too lol

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ewww Coffee fanatics are the new D&D nerds. Can someone give them all a giant wedgie, I'm not big enough to do it to Kunk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads