• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
V0S4i.jpg

Plot details in the spoiler:

X-Men: First Class is hitting in full force as a new poster has debuted at Yahoo! Movies and a character guide has gone up at MSN Movies, featuring the actors speaking about their own specific roles in the prequel. Check out the poster at the bottom of the page and please be warned that some of the below descriptions contain film spoilers.

"At the start of the movie we get introduced to Erik as a boy," says Michael Fassbender of the man who becomes Magneto, "We start in the concentration camps with him and it cuts to 20 years later and it's the early 60s and it's Erik as a grown man. He's on a quest to get Sebastian Shaw, played by Kevin Bacon. Shaw had him in these concentration camps - and as we know the Nazis were doing lots of experimentation with all sorts of things like measuring skull size and brain size and running experiments on human beings, essentially. Shaw is trying to unleash this power in Magneto - he's recognized that he can manipulate metal - and so we catch up with Erik on a quest to basically hunt Shaw down."

"In the comics [Havok] has a suit that kind of absorbs excess energy," offers Lucas Till of Alex Summers, brother to Scott Summers, AKA Cyclops, "But it was more like a meter that told him how much power he had, whereas in this one I have something that channels it because I can't control it myself. It's a chest piece that focuses the ray so I don't blow it out everywhere."

Nicholas Hoult, playing Henry McCoy, AKA Beast, chimes in about playing both the human version of the character as well as the more monstrous blue, furry version:

"[H]e tries out a serum from Mystique's DNA to try and stop his feet from appearing apelike and massive, because he's very self-conscious about it. Unfortunately that goes wrong and he becomes the Beast that we know from the other films and cartoons and comics."

"Kevin Bacon's got a team of freaky sidekicks," adds Jason Flemyng (Azazel) about the Hellfire Club, "one of them being the fantastic January Jones, and one of them being the not so fantastic bright red Jason Flemyng, and also Alex Gonzalez who plays Riptide. And latterly in the film we recruit Zoe Kravitz as well. They're just goons, but my skill, if I have any skill at all, is to make something out of what on paper isn't too much."

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Looking good.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trailer 2 just came out:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. International Trailer:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
agree. had major doubts about it when this first came out, but this looks so much more promising than the green lantern movie
+1 Couldn't they have gotten a Scottish kid to play Banshee? Its such an easy detail to pull off. I have no idea what the **** Havok was doing there.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
+1

Couldn't they have gotten a Scottish kid to play Banshee? Its such an easy detail to pull off.

I have no idea what the **** Havok was doing there.

It looks like he was hula hooping.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah, my guess is he can't control or focus his power and that is how he uses it to attack. The check piece focuses it on one direction, why they play the Summer clan like that though, no respect to one of the most powerful families in the Marvel universe.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
January Jones is hot but in the pics she just doesn't convey that Emma Frost type of hot. It's just some bleach blonde chick in her bra.
NLB00.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is disappointing. Betty Draper as Emma Frost?!

A whole generation of young men grew up reading xmen and desperately wanting to **** Emma Frost. This was one of the most critical casting choices and they blew it

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
That is disappointing. Betty Draper as Emma Frost?!

A whole generation of young men grew up reading xmen and desperately wanting to **** Emma Frost. This was one of the most critical casting choices and they blew it

Maybe so, but if you don't want to **** January Jones, then something is wrong with ********** and/or your brain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads