• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^sup bro. I'm gonna apply for that extras call, too. Could use an extra $85 to stand around like an idiot. If I don't make it I'll have so many mixed feelings. Should I be happy a producer doesn't htink I'm a hipster? Should I be sad I was rejected? Tough call. Let you know after pilates.

Everyone who has Silent tees. How much do they shrink if tumble dried (in a garment bag or whatever to save it, I know they're delicate) and how much will they stretch back out? I need to hem them but I'm not sure how much.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Haha I am. I'm aiming for the Sunday one so it ain't no thang. Apparently they keep your **** on file for later shoots, too. I'MA A BE A STARLING!*

*+10000 points to whoever gets this outrageously obscure reference. And answers my Silent question.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should hot hand wash with woolite and then air day. Once Air dryed just cut the **** outta them. Raw Hem Swag.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
Haha I am. I'm aiming for the Sunday one so it ain't no thang. Apparently they keep your **** on file for later shoots, too. I'MA A BE A STARLING!*

*+10000 points to whoever gets this outrageously obscure reference. And answers my Silent question.

Right on, they wanted me for todays shoot. It sucks I can't but I'd be losing money. Damn this Garnier shoot! Fingers crossed for sunday.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
you should hot hand wash with woolite and then air day. Once Air dryed just cut the **** outta them. Raw Hem Swag.

I would run a seam around the shirt where ever you want it to end up, then cut the **** right below the hem. Finished hem raw edge swag

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Hell with both of you. I'm gonna take it to a tailor. RO barf, too, though just for the body. Raw hem on that makes a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by bows1
Right on, they wanted me for todays shoot. It sucks I can't but I'd be losing money. Damn this Garnier shoot! Fingers crossed for sunday.
Garnier? I USE THE LENGTH AND STRENGTH SYSTEM!

(pause)

But seriously, the conditioner is great. Tell them I said so. I'm sure the models will be thrilled.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just buy rick owens short sleeves, they murder those silent things anyways.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Eh, I consider them very different shirts. RO are undoubtedly softer but they're also much more sheer, a lot more expensive, and have a different cut. I got the Silent tees for pretty cheap and while they're somewhat sheer, I wouldn't have a problem wearing them alone without layering. Wouldn't object to picking up a couple of white RO shortsleeves if they were less than $100.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone on sufu is selling a white longsleeve one for $115 right now. The RO ones are cooler because of the length and asymmetrical backseam. Would actually like to know where I could buy them in every color online.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1

Bows you work in the industry? Can I have a job? Will drop out of school for low pay. I ******* miss it. I know some punk squats I can crash at till i find a real place. (0)

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the talk of suits/clothing came up on another forum I frequent so I posted a picture of the junya blazer that t_s has and they all freaked out about how ugly it was, lol.

hobojones

Reaction score
So is APC Madras like a diffusion line for APC? Because APC's quality is already fairly awful, I can't fathom how much worse APC Madras would be.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I was saving up for a ToJ, but I may end up having to blow my PayPal balance on a new computer.
ffffuuuu.gif
To make matters worse, I have to figure out what the hell I want to get out of a sea of indecipherable variations and options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads