• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

engar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benbarren
First post, although I've read this forum twice
smile.gif
) Didn't think I should until my Trickers X Leather Soul Stow Black Calf boots arrived (UK 9.5 perfect and I wear UK 10/US 11 in both Grenson and Mark McNairy New Amsterdam) Now let's see if I can get a few unboxing pics from my flickrset to display, but suffice to say these r some of the most high impact WOW kicks ive opened and then worn.

Great pics and thanks for share!
How are the Trickers leather compared to Grenson? I found my Grensons leather a little stiff, but not uncomfortable.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Rippons, the next day. after a few polishings of oxblood, black and navy polish, Leather looks richer now, color deeper. Hate the way new boot leather looks. Once these crease up and the polish works its way into the leather they're gonna shine up awesome.

5689963841_5fd1977524_b.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
amazingly, the monkey boots arrived a day earlier than I expected, awesome service from Retrickers!

they're seriously sick. As previously thought, they are the collab with Japanese shop Hummingbird Hill in Tokyo, as it's stamped on the insole as such. Dainite sole, orange cordovan. Color is a burnt orange which is rad, not a sunkist orange and has a finish similar to John Lobb museum calf, in that it's not a solid span of orange but has patches of depth like it's been antiqued. Apparently only 1 in each size was made for Hummingbird Hill, so I guess that means there are (2) size 7.5UK out there in the world.

someone asked about comparing the cordovan to Horween....seems fine, I dont know what else to say, no blatant differences in initial quality.

outdoor light
5691237532_3d4f08c222_b.jpg

inside, a bit blurry but you get the idea
5690679813_5772ce08dd_b.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
amazingly, the monkey boots arrived a day earlier than I expected, awesome service from Retrickers! they're seriously sick. As previously thought, they are the collab with Japanese shop Hummingbird Hill in Tokyo, as it's stamped on the insole as such. Dainite sole, orange cordovan. Color is a burnt orange which is rad, not a sunkist orange and has a finish similar to John Lobb museum calf, in that it's not a solid span of orange but has patches of depth like it's been antiqued. Apparently only 1 in each size was made for Hummingbird Hill, so I guess that means there are (2) size 7.5UK out there in the world. someone asked about comparing the cordovan to Horween....seems fine, I dont know what else to say, no blatant differences in initial quality. outdoor light
5691237532_3d4f08c222_b.jpg
inside, a bit blurry but you get the idea
5690679813_5772ce08dd_b.jpg

the socks
cheers.gif

benbarren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by engar
Great pics and thanks for share!
How are the Trickers leather compared to Grenson? I found my Grensons leather a little stiff, but not uncomfortable.

I know Grenson get a bit of bad buzz sometimes but I like the brand's youthful price, innovative products and cheaper price
smile.gif
I only have one pair - pictured - Archie Vibrams in Tan (got from Tres Bien) The leather is wearing beautifully, and they are super comfy overall. The Trickers as people say is in another class in that just the smell of new leather is so strong, the calf is so rigid. Just the weight of the package of the box is amazing. You can almost use the box for bicep curls
smile.gif
I sense a long break in period with Trickers vs Grenson, but prob a longer payoff. Both have their place to me! Grenson on Facebook told me their Fred stomper boot in "August we will introduce Fred with a comando sole in both brown and Tan grain." - I'll be tempted by their Tan Grain commando given its around 150quid exc VAT. Unless The Bureau's equivalent appeals
smile.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Two tone Keswicks:
ttt.jpg

very nice. Do you have any additional Tricker's in the pipeline?
biggrin.gif

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
very nice. Do you have any additional Tricker's in the pipeline?
biggrin.gif

Yes, just received two "Spring" Keswicks as well as the Stow in grey.

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Yes, just received two "Spring" Keswicks as well as the Stow in grey.

Anything coming in a 6 width?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the price range like for MTO Trickers? I want to get some stows made in a weird colored suede or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics