• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
Kiton

kitonlobbshoesforsale00gm9.jpg

kitonlobbshoesforsale00hs9.jpg

kitonlobbshoesforsale00ew9.jpg

The Kiton wholecut is absolutely gorgeous, one of my all time favorites. You could post some larger pictures.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I posted them on e-bay and they sold within four hours. They're wrapped up and on their way to a new home.

Frittata

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I posted them on e-bay and they sold within four hours. They're wrapped up and on their way to a new home.
I'm surprised that it took 4 hours
smile.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frittata
I'm surprised that it took 4 hours
smile.gif

Me too.
smile.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh

Very well proportionate shoe and a color is really nicely done.
Sadly, I cannot say that about 90% of Kiton shoes. Most of the Kiton shoes demand greater attention than the person who wears them.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton

kitonlobbshoesforsale00gm9.jpg

kitonlobbshoesforsale00hs9.jpg

kitonlobbshoesforsale00ew9.jpg

JLobb/Chambord

kitonlobbshoesforsale00ja6.jpg

kitonlobbshoesforsale01xe1.jpg

I have exactly the same shoes except the Kiton is in whisky. The SF taught you well! I hate to see you parting with them but am glad you found good homes for them. Do you think a half size smaller in the Kiton would have solved the fit issue?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I have exactly the same shoes except the Kiton is in whisky. The SF taught you well! I hate to see you parting with them but am glad you found good homes for them. Do you think a half size smaller in the Kiton would have solved the fit issue?

Yes. And, as I also learned recently when Hilary measured me for the EG MTOs, I'm actually a "C" width, not "D," as a lot of my shoes are.

(Yes, eyeing your and aportnoy's various collections has been quite inspiring.)

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Ouch. That's harsh.

But, regretably, true. Some people get fixated on a particular label or item of clothing (say shoes, for example) to the exclusion of other things, and can walk around in exquisite shoes (or shirts or ties, etc.), but otherwise look like crap. When this happens it highlights the singular piece, making it the most prominent element and making it appear as if its wearing the man rather than the other way 'round.

Fitness and good grooming (i.e., haircut, shave, shined shoes, gentle fragrance) are just as important to one's daily presentation as the Kiton shoes. When one element is so dominant -- even if incredibly beautiful -- it means the wearer lacks balance; something I see all too often.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten the hang of how to take and post photos, I think I'll share some more shots of my collection, leading up to my two G@G bespoke and EG MTOs (both due in May) -- kind of like HBO showing Soprano reruns leading to the new season.
smile.gif

You've already seen the Kitons, Lobbs, Stefano Bis and Vass. Now its time to bring out the split toes, monks and suedes.! Stay tuned.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten the hang of how to take and post photos, I think I'll share some more shots of my collection, leading up to my two G@G bespoke and EG MTOs (both due in May) -- kind of like HBO showing Soprano reruns leading to the new season.
smile.gif

You've already seen the Kitons, Lobbs, Stefano Bis and Vass. Now its time to bring out the split toes, monks and suedes.! Stay tuned.

Looking forward to your overture, prelude leading up to the big G&G premier!!

Meanwhile may I entertain you with John Lobb Vale Museum brown 8000 last:

p1030740ath7.jpg

p1030248zf4.jpg

p1030240asb1.jpg

p1030757alm4.jpg

Seamless heel, one piece wholecut construction
p1030751asn1.jpg

p1030748adk3.jpg

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are extremely cool.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I'm having a momentary flash of shoe envy.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
It almost seems redundant to compliment VR on shoe choices but nicely done on those Lobbs in any event...

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, AF. Ron, going back to your question of monk w/ medallion, I don't think the Vale would look as good with medallion. I think one of the appealing aesthetic aspects of monks is the expanse of uninterrupted leather, a case of less is more. So this is something you can take into consideration about on your MTO EG RLPL Falmouth 888.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Thanks, AF. Ron, going back to your question of monk w/ medallion, I don't think the Vale would look as good with medallion. I think one of the appealing aesthetic aspects of monks is the expanse of uninterrupted leather, a case of less is more. So this is something you can take into consideration about on your MTO EG RLPL Falmouth 888.

What, then, do you think of RLPL Grant (monk w/medallion), JL Gary (captoe monk w/medallion), and C&J Chalfonte (full brogue monk w/medallion)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads