• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
compressive or tensile strength.
Right, I think their promo video showed tensile strength. I mean, either way it's a phone with two glass plates. It could be 1000x stronger but glass is not flexible--if you drop it the wrong way, it will shatter. Just get a damn Bumper and be done with it.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
5 more months
ffffuuuu.gif

I just don't buy this. I know all the rumors are the iPhone 5 will not be due out until fall or later but I am not buying it. Apple is pretty good about hitting their production schedules, white iPhone aside. It is well known that they buy their components early to avoid manufacturing delays/shortages. I also think they have to keep on schedule to continue their dominance. With new Droid phones coming out monthly, Apple has to stay on the refresh every year plan to stay in the running.

Delaying the iPhone 5 will result in loss of market share. I just do not see Apple letting that happen. Rumors be damned!!!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willie5566
I just don't buy this. I know all the rumors are the iPhone 5 will not be due out until fall or later but I am not buying it. Apple is pretty good about hitting their production schedules, white iPhone aside. It is well known that they buy their components early to avoid manufacturing delays/shortages. I also think they have to keep on schedule to continue their dominance. With new Droid phones coming out monthly, Apple has to stay on the refresh every year plan to stay in the running.

Delaying the iPhone 5 will result in loss of market share. I just do not see Apple letting that happen. Rumors be damned!!!

if it was to be released next month, they probably would've showcased it already, so i actually believe it won't be released in june/july. if it's not released at WWDC, which i doubt, since it's more a developers conference, we won't see it until june/july

android has already surpassed the iphone in market share. actually, apple is only 3rd in the smartphone war. RIM is 2nd. what is impressive though is that the iphone has around 8% of smartphone sales, yet 25% of the total market share.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willie5566

The delay is for real

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
The delay is for real

Right. The whole thing smells like a controlled leak--Apple is using media groups to prime their customers for a release (or, in this case, a non-release).

They did this for the Verizon iPhone in January (when the NYT, WSJ, and Bloomberg simultaneously reported it) and the iPad 2 in March (everyone reported a March release at the end of February).

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it may be, but i genuinely believe the supply issues in japan. maybe i'm a sucker, but i know in my field, we are experiencing the same issues as apple has stated. totally different product, but it is a real problem.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
Should I get the iPhone 4 or wait for 5? I'm starting to doubt that the iPhone 5 will be much better.
at this point there is no point in getting a 4

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hopefully the release will be in fall for a slightly updated iphone
lol8[1].gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it'll be updated enough that it's worth the wait. the camera, processor, etc. the screen will probably stay the same.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
Nothing that sounds ground breaking... If you look at their history, the iPhone 5 should be a minor upgrade while the iPhone 6 will be the next major release.
then why did you ask the question? you are right in that it's not groundbreaking, but in my opinion, at this stage of the game, you may as well wait.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
then why did you ask the question? you are right in that it's not groundbreaking, but in my opinion, at this stage of the game, you may as well wait.

I mean, you can fall into this perpetual waiting trap forever. "Oh, the 6 is only a few months away..."

If you need a phone now, buy it. The 5 won't be out for 4 months, rumors peg it as an incremental update (a bit faster, a screen that's 0.2" larger), and you'll still have to slog it out on your old phone for a while.

I used my iPhone 2G for almost 3 years. Waited until Christmas last year before I gave in and bought a 4. Same story for my laptop too--had a first-generation MacBook for 5 years, finally upgrade to a 13" Pro this year.

No regrets in either case (and if you DO regret it, well, you can sell on eBay for some $$).

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pursuit
It will be better. Simply because every generation was better than the one before that.

Are we still talking about phones?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the iphone 9.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm waiting for the iphone 9.

Yeah dude, it's right around the corner. Rumors put the release at June 2016...just hang onto your 4 until then.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads