• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish they made 29 in their pants. Usually 30 is too big and 28 is ball hugging tight.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
I wish they made 29 in their pants. Usually 30 is too big and 28 is ball hugging tight.

it's weird that they don't. Why make 28 30 and 31 but not 29?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, the problem with pants is always the length.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
For me, the problem with pants is always the length.

WTF. That is the easiest modification to do to a pair of pants. I even did it myself once on a cheapo pair of pants.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
WTF. That is the easiest modification to do to a pair of pants. I even did it myself once on a cheapo pair of pants.

Yeah, I know that. Why are you telling me this?

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Same here. I got some cords from them in 28, they're a good deal too tight.

No way, their pants were too large. Actually I thought all of their clothes were a little bit larger than their size indicates. Its a reason I don't shop there anymore.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Woah, I didn't realize Club Monaco had become so expensive! Whom do they think they are anyway, J Crew? Reminds me of how J Crew thinks they can sell a $1000 jacket by claiming something like "Made in a top Italian factory", which is both generic and exotic sounding.

You have to admit the name "Club Monaco" is an insult to the customer's intelligence. It's presumably intended to sound exotic, yet it comes of as rather Disney or mall-like. The purpose is to sound exotic, yet still seem accessible to the average guy. The name is about as bad as French Connection, which tellingly the creator of this thread compared Club Monaco to.

Club Monaco is to fashion what the Olive Garden is to cuisine. Olive Garden likes to present itself as some higher end Italian restaurant for the everyman, while simultaneously advertising all you eat for only $7. Makes it seem like a good deal, but in reality you are being served canned soup and pre-made salad from a plastic bag.

Lol @ classist POS selling Diesel.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw some great **** on sale at club monaco. Pretty much everything from the first part of spring collection has hit sale prices. Walked out with a shawl collar harrington and a linen shirt. Their spring line is killing it. This is the jacket I got, pretty terrible picture considering its zipped weird (double zips), but it looks dope in person. Corduroy collar, fairly slim fit.
4.jpg
Really close to getting this sweatshirt, has a very cool texture. Will probably pick it up if it hits sale price.
29.jpg
Fall 2011 lookbook is also online for those interested: http://clubmonacolookbook.com/Fall1-2011/men.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads