• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Company: Choosing a name?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you go about naming your business(es)? Do you have a method or do you go on gut feeling? I'm in the process of forming a new artist management firm b/c I have a few clients and need a more organized business structure. I'm also planning to bring on new artists (fine art/film/music/etc). In the past, all of the other company names have come rather easily but this one seems to be tougher. I usually to go for names that explain what the company does but it is more difficult this time because most of those options have been taken long ago. Anything you can think of has been done with "Artist Management/Agency/Firm" or some variation of it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Select Coutts Artist Management

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Select Coutts Artist Management

plain.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dewey, Cheatem & Howe has a good ring to it
smile.gif

Most of the obvious names have been taken or registered, ask any trademark or copyright attorney. So, why not use your last name and as gdl suggests along with "Artist Management", "Agency" or "Group". After all, these are personal services so your name on the business makes sense.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pick something random that will stand the test of time.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
plain.gif

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Dewey, Cheatem & Howe has a good ring to it
smile.gif
Most of the obvious names have been taken or registered, ask any trademark or copyright attorney. So, why not use your last name and as gdl suggests along with "Artist Management", "Agency" or "Group". After all, these are personal services so your name on the business makes sense.

So far this is what I'm planning to do but something less about me would be nice

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I settled on a very good name after reading an article on architecture someone here linked me to
smile.gif
Would still be interesting to know how others have come to choose a name...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My link? Do I get a finder's fee?

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A discount on representation will suffice.

lefty

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alchemy

Always good to start with an A so you can be at the top of listings. Go through the As in the dictionary if you don't like Alchemy.

Make sure you get a great bookkeeper and accountant. Can't stress it enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads