• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If sportcoat combos count, I might throw more stuff up here.

Please do.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pushing the boundaries of conservative business dress today. Maybe a little too far?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it looks nice, but why does that suit look like a different color in each photo?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad fluorescent lighting. Pics 3&4 are closest to actual color.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Looks OK from a distance but when it gets up close I see a lot colors and patterns I don't like.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Specifically? The suit fabric?

arvidg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Arvidg, if you're going to post photos that big, put a space betweeen your IMG tags so they don't all have to display on one line. I have a 24" monitor and I still have to scroll sideways because of your posts.

Better now?

(SF had some hiccups while I was trying to get things "just right", so I had to re-type the post and re-paste the links. I didn't run a preview by then to reduce the risk of having to re-re-do it all over again.)

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
99t0O.jpg

oqiHb.jpg

OhQ4x.jpg

I think the dark brown shoes look much more compatible than the chestnut with those socks.

I'm off on a tangent here but if they were chocolate suede captoes or loafers, worn with mid grey flannels, a navy cashmere odd jacket, pale blue shirt and navy plain or small patterned tie, a plum sweater vest might also work with the socks. Pretty obscure sort of pairing but that's about as subtle as I can get when it comes to matchy stuff.

ndw

Reaction score
VCuq3.jpg
I know the knot is ****.
PMOqM.jpg
DuXcC.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
JLotF.jpg

mpkNt.jpg

fwdLu.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
About as conservative business dress as I ever go minus the lapels.

9BoQn.jpg

eEAXH.jpg

First pictures taken outside that actually look decent, though these pics make me look kinda chubby and my jacket sleeves were riding up for some reason. Still, it's much more apparent how this fit looks in person than in my old cameraphone mirror pictures. Feedback is appreciated!
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads