• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
oh man soooooooooooooooooooooo pumped for mine

you will be pleased

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
a long long wait for these

226857_10150591791855381_126706475380_18427396_2650836_n.jpg

ends up they don't come in E width
ffffuuuu.gif

enjoy wearing your ravello lwb. remember to use the break in procedure

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
enjoy wearing your ravello lwb. remember to use the break in procedure
Wear them around the house for several hours? Or do you mean the "pen trick", or something else entirely?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Wear them around the house for several hours? Or do you mean the "pen trick", or something else entirely?

wear at least three different times walking on carpeting before you take the shoes to walk on the concrete to ascertain that the fit is right for you

CTYGGG

Reaction score
wear at least three different times walking on carpeting before you take the shoes to walk on the concrete to ascertain that the fit is right for you
The mac method. : )

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Excellent advice. I like to wear them longer each time, although with shell it's difficult (for most of us, anyway, seemingly not you!) to keep from creasing them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
Thanks, I use Venetian shoe cream for the Ultimate Indy + horsehair brush + flannel buff, I want to keep it dressy enough.

Yes size 13D trubalance is a little wide but I wear my hiking boots pretty often, if I want to wear dress socks then put a thin insole.

I get my Ultimate Indy and #8 from LSBH and Cigar from Leffot. I'm hunting for snuff suede and whiskey now...

smile.gif

indy007.jpg

indy001.jpg

rkusmant

Reaction score
zippyh, that's evil post haha. I wish Alden allow independent group order easily.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Red Brick Sole Longwings at Frans Boone.
img_0013_2_3.jpg

If only those weren't on the Barrie last, and didn't cost $590 (with 20% VAT refund), they would be my perfect spring-summer shoe!

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
If only those weren't on the Barrie last, and didn't cost $590 (with 20% VAT refund), they would be my perfect spring-summer shoe!

Wish they had my size still...would kop.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
211ktjs.jpg

339jbme.jpg

color 4 and black saddle
argyles otc

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
The Trubalance is just a really wide last, I've had the same experience fitting it as you described. I never tried going down a width, but what I ultimately ended up doing in your situation is going with the larger of the two sizes and wearing thicker socks. That ended up being the more comfortable solution for me.

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I sent you this already, but I think with boots, it is not bad to have some extra room in the shoe to account for thick socks. Given the truebalance is a wide last, it will fit wide. I'm not sure if E is necessary if you are between D and E (as I often am). I would just size up a half and stay in D. I find with Alden, E is necessary with narrower lasts like Aberdeen but less so with fuller lasts like Barrie/Truebalance.

Originally Posted by miran
Friend, you are asking the wrong person.
This forum is great for looking at pictures and finding out about the interesting things that are out there, but at the end, I wouldn't trust sizing advice here. Case in point- my 3 month sizing disaster.

Thanks guys, I placed a very thin insole and they fit spot on.
And now that you mention it when I first tried them on I may have been wearing a thicker sock back then, seeing how it was colder up here in February...oops, my bad
confused.gif

So, wore them today and so far so good. Leather is a little stiff but that's to be expected.
Cheers.

miran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
Thanks guys, I placed a very thin insole and they fit spot on.
And now that you mention it when I first tried them on I may have been wearing a thicker sock back then, seeing how it was colder up here in February...oops, my bad
confused.gif

So, wore them today and so far so good. Leather is a little stiff but that's to be expected.
Cheers.

which insole did you use? from Shoe Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads