• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

g.michael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by etseq
Has anyone tried getting the benefit of the sale in-person at a store even though you don't have the physical card?

I just did one better than that on the pre-private sale. I have been looking for the Darlton/Marlow Cordovan PTB and someone here or over at AAAC said to call either the Mansion in NYC or the SFran store during the next sale. So I called the Mansion the day before the pre-private sale starts to ask if they if they have the PTB (it's not online)--SA replied in the affirmative and that they had it in my size. I told her I had the private sale card with the code for a one-time use. She said they would hold them for me and to call back the next day. Which I did, she rang me up, and FedEx just delivered them here in OK. I never did have to tell her the code and she never asked for any information but dutifully gave me the 40% + 15% off. So, depending on who you talk to, you can get lucky. I had the code anyway, which I then used online for some other stuff, but she never asked for it.

Btw, these PTB's are phenomenal! I've had the wings for about 6 months now and take the PTB's out of the box--they shine like a junior mint, are a beautiful dark chocolate, and remind me of when I first pulled the wings out of the box. The finish on these Darltons is unbelievable. Makes the headache of the double sole break-in worth it. Btw, the price on the box said $850 for these so looks like the Cordovan price increase has hit RL as well unless they normally price the PTB's higher.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating picking up a cable knit. Like the cream but I wanted to get a cream colored J Press shaggy dog later this year. Decisions.
confused.gif

etseq

Reaction score
Oh, so if your local RL store is out of the Darltons, and they're not available in your size online, you can just call any store that has them and they'll ship them to you?

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, so if your local RL store is out of the Darltons, and they're not available in your size online, you can just call any store that has them and they'll ship them to you?

Yes, although I prefer to have the SA at the local store check on his computer to find out which stores have whatever I may be interested in in stock and call them.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Yes, although I prefer to have the SA at the local store check on his computer to find out which stores have whatever I may be interested in in stock and call them.

I think you can buy them in the store and the store that has them will ship directly to you.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting the benefit of the sale in-person at a store even though you don't have the physical card?

Yes it worked.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Went to my local store today and was told by an SA that they are still not informed if BL is excluded until the real sale starts (tomorrow).

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the RL store in SF today and while the SA told me she could give me the discount even though I didn't have a card, she also said that Polo suits are excluded from the sale.
eh.gif

etseq

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is tangentially relevant. I purchased a pair of Darltons at my local store on sale today. There is some discoloration in the cordovan, but I bought them anyway. I read some threads about cordovan discoloration, and I understand this is normal with cordovan to some extent and can be mitigated a bit with polish. But the discoloration is in a prominent place, and I can still return these, so does anyone think I should? The alternative is to have them ordered sight unseen from another store, but of course those could end up being worse. The discoloration runs diagonally across the top of the foot. It looks like a shadow but it's actually in the leather:
jpcx9c.jpg

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can still return these, so does anyone think I should? The alternative is to have them ordered sight unseen from another store, but of course those could end up being worse.

So just have them order another pair and then decide which one you want to keep. That way, you can only do same or better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads