• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
So where did you get his stuff?

Didn't get it; saw it in Frans Boone's shop (my "suit man").

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Roda accessories very much. They are different, maybe too different for there to be much more than a sprinkling of them at any typical US retailer. I have some ties, a wool pocket square and a few scarves. I believe they also do private label.

Originally Posted by NOBD
He makes (sells) great cashmere scarfs.

-> Roda

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This "light washed" look in jeans is very much the trend in Italy. But that aside, I think the fit is good. I think it is silly to see a guy in his 40's-50's in the skinny, Ramones fit jeans, unless you are a Ramon or Keith Richards. They get a pass.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
nice jacket but the terrible dad-jeans ruin it.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dad jeans comment is completely off-base. Way too much groupthink as far as 'dark wash denim slim fit selvedge' kind of nonsense is concerned.

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I like Roda accessories very much. They are different, maybe too different for there to be much more than a sprinkling of them at any typical US retailer. I have some ties, a wool pocket square and a few scarves. I believe they also do private label.

Scarves look very nice... not seen any in person though. J

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This "light washed" look in jeans is very much the trend in Italy. But that aside, I think the fit is good. I think it is silly to see a guy in his 40's-50's in the skinny, Ramones fit jeans, unless you are a Ramon or Keith Richards. They get a pass.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by softy
The dad jeans comment is completely off-base. Way too much groupthink as far as 'dark wash denim slim fit selvedge' kind of nonsense is concerned.
Agreed. Look at any of the jeans in the Cucinelli lookbooks...they're all light-washed for the most part and go well with the whole casual luxe look. Plus, do all these ppl who wear raw denim abandon their jeans once they've washed and faded them?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing seven year old light washed looking Levis LVC 1955 501XX today that started off as dark and raw. It is what happens when you wear and wash your jeans.

The washed jean look is a nice contrast in color when wearing a navy or other dark jacket. I especially like the washed or worn look with a white or pink shirt or polo.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Agreed. Look at any of the jeans in the Cucinelli lookbooks...they're all light-washed for the most part and go well with the whole casual luxe look. Plus, do all these ppl who wear raw denim abandon their jeans once they've washed and faded them?
this conversation has been done to death.. but nobody is suggesting the ramones look, just some apcs or even uniqlo slim straights would improve that fit immeasurably for me- the fit could stay more or less the same. i'm just surprised by what you guys are saying because the dark sheen of raw denim certainly looks more elegant than washed out pale blues to me. the latter reminds me of what my gf's 60 year old dad wears to walk the dog. i agree with the above though, wearing dark blue jackets does call for some contrast.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm wearing seven year old light washed looking Levis LVC 1955 501XX today that started off as dark and raw. It is what happens when you wear and wash your jeans.

The washed jean look is a nice contrast in color when wearing a navy or other dark jacket. I especially like the washed or worn look with a white or pink shirt or polo.

SHHH!!!! Reevolving might hear you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads