• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* epic^^ I have too many pairs and too little time to wear them to ever get fades like that

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the main difference between the 005s and 007s? I was looking at their one wash sizes and it looks like the 007 has a higher back rise and a little more length for the inseam. Is that it?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lesamourai
So what's the main difference between the 005s and 007s? I was looking at their one wash sizes and it looks like the 007 has a higher back rise and a little more length for the inseam. Is that it?

?

they are totally different dyes.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're supposed to be the exact same cut with just different denim. Hadn't noticed a difference in rise either way...

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
They're supposed to be the exact same cut with just different denim. Hadn't noticed a difference in rise either way...

Ahh, I see. I thought that by going with the one washed size I could get a better idea as to what to get for the final size. Apparently their one wash measurements are different, but the raw ones are the same.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. I thought that by going with the one washed size I could get a better idea as to what to get for the final size. Apparently their one wash measurements are different, but the raw ones are the same.

this is very common with pbj.

most people buy o/w in pbj. the cuts will eventually shrink down to be roughly the same +/- 1/4."

aaronxxx

Reaction score

same cut, different denim. the difference in one-wash measurements is because of the difference in denim.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, the different denim fact makes the measurements much clearer now. Thanks guys.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorowen
anyone here bought the ltd ed, 24oz already?
feedback please
smile.gif

I really tempted to get that, but still hesitate about how 24 oz denim feels.
cardboard?
biggrin.gif

thx in advance

I haven't gotten any of the 24 oz. models from PBJ yet, but from my experience with other high end denims in the 22-29 oz. range, I'd be willing to bet that the denim is actually reasonably soft and won't be excessively difficult to break in. Heavier denim tends to be less slubby as well, so it's not as rough when new.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
there are many heavier denims out there but there all indigo ... pbj took this game to a whole new with this jean. i wanna see what samurai does now ... im sure they wont let anyone out do them for long.
Well, they do have that S001JP-H coming out this month that uses bamboo fibers for the weft yarns, as well as the S002JP-N coming in August that uses hemp fibers for the weft.

djbj6t9

Reaction score
007, promise this will be the last image overload
1ac26433.jpg
8cec8597.jpg
18277c7e.jpg
d3cc4756.jpg
052ddf26.jpg
01038c2c.jpg
d98ac173.jpg
e6295292.jpg
585ed240.jpg
Trippy:
a07c0425.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads