• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Least Nationalistic Countries

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Based on visits and kids that came for schooling where I used to live in Ontario: Barbados.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philipp
+1 for Germany.

All the Germans I've talked to (20+) have been wonderfully humble and almost scared to show any sort of national pride that wasn't purely related to soccer or beer.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by austerlitz
eh.gif
Poles are very nationalistic, I would say. Probably because of the Russians and Germans, as someone here put it, the fight for the right to exist plays a big part in this.

As are Taiwanese.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Even so, many of Germany's immigrants are Kurds. They're Germany's Mexicans.

As an ethnic group, Kurds never had a country, only a unique regional language. Until a few years ago, there wasn't even a typographical font for printing in Kurdish. They had to add diacritical marks to other languages (as do Vietnamese -- though there are plenty of Vietnamese fonts).

So... Mexicans don't have a country? I don't follow.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
Poland; Austria; Taiwan; Liberia; USA.

Wow, I visited Poland once. They're very nationalistic, but not in an offensive way.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
And literally every east Asian country that I'm aware of. Maybe not the Mongols?

There's actually a Mongolian skinhead nationalist movement, which is primarily anti-Chinese (I approve of this).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16-Ton
Yugoslavia

Probably meant as a joke since it is no longer a country and was split by different ethnicities/cultures when it was (so disqualified by the OP rules), but the former-Yugoslavian nations are all extremist in their nationalism.

Bohe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Even so, many of Germany's immigrants are Kurds. They're Germany's Mexicans.

As an ethnic group, Kurds never had a country, only a unique regional language. Until a few years ago, there wasn't even a typographical font for printing in Kurdish. They had to add diacritical marks to other languages (as do Vietnamese -- though there are plenty of Vietnamese fonts).

I'm constantly impressed when someone know who we are
laugh.gif

I'll add Germany to the vote.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
philippines is definitely one of them on top. people here don't give too much thought on traditions and culture, and gobbles up anything that comes from the west.

Heh heh heh heh heh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads