• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Psycho Workout

Rothstein

Reaction score
I copied this from the book American Psycho, not the movie. Any validity to gains in muscle or a loss in fat following this workout, or any suggestions on how to split it up? Thanks!

AMERICAN PSYCHO WORKOUT

20 minutes on Stairmaster

5x10 back extension
6x15 abdominal
7x10 bicep curl (machine)

20 minutes exercise bike

3x15 leg extensions
3x15 leg curls
3x15 leg presses

3x20 barbell curls
3x20 bent lateral raises
3x20 lat pulldowns
3x20 pulley rows
3x20 deadlifts
3x20 bent barbell rows

3x20 incline bench presses
3x10 lateral raises
3x10 seated dumbbell presses

3x20 cable pushdowns
3x20 close-grip bench presses

Stretching before and after

-John

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. Now that's a book title Chapter 1: How Not to Be Part of that Whole "Yale Thing" Chapter 2: Crunches - You Can do a Thousand of Them
christian-bale-american-psycho.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best way to split that up would be to scrap the entire workout.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're supposed to do that workout in 1 day? WTF.

If you want to get in great shape fast you should check out something like crossfit.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
You're supposed to do that workout in 1 day? WTF.

If you want to get rhabdo or poop out your spine you should check out something like crossfit.

ftfy.

gwolf

Reaction score
brett easton ellis is a *****. that must be his weenie workout thinking it would turn him into christian bale..

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do understand that the whole point of the book is that Bateman is insane. There are hints along the way that his narration is not reliable, for instance many of the clothes he describes people wearing are not what we'd call 'business'. In the same vein, the workouts he describes are probably not going to be the best for your purposes.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
ftfy.

Why do you think crossfit is bad? Is it because of the ****** form people use when tired?

Gassyndrome

Reaction score
Christian Bale is just nuts. He goes from movie to movie changing his body completely. He must be quite intense (as that infamous tantrum showed).

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at 3x20 on deads and bent over rows.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
American Psycho Workout

3x10 Murder Small Child in Zoo
1x20 Insert cheese into body of hooker
1x5 Superset: Insert ravenous rats to feast
2x5 Skullfuck decapitated head of aforementioned hooker

1x5 Feed stray cat to ATM
3x10 Murder security guard

Cardio interlude: Dance to Huey Lewis and the News for 10 minutes

Cooldown: 3x1 Murder colleague with axe

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Chapter 1: How Not to Be Part of that Whole "Yale Thing"

Chapter 2: Crunches - You Can do a Thousand of Them

christian-bale-american-psycho.jpg

hahahahahaha

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Why do you think crossfit is bad? Is it because of the ****** form people use when tired?

The whole idiotic, cultist, macho, chest-thumping mindset of crossfit goons is enough of a deterrent for me, but yes, the total disregard for proper form and safety is another reason I dislike it. It's a bad sign when the creator of a workout program boasts that it '***** people up' and the dipshit followers treat serious ailments like rhabdo as some sort of marsupial trophy.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
The whole idiotic, cultist, macho, chest-thumping mindset of crossfit goons is enough of a deterrent for me, but yes, the total disregard for proper form and safety is another reason I dislike it. It's a bad sign when the creator of a workout program boasts that it '***** people up' and the dipshit followers treat serious ailments like rhabdo as some sort of marsupial trophy.

I'm not a fan of the culture either. I do crossfit at home modifying the workouts as I don't have a lot of the equipment they do. Some of the workouts aren't that bad if you use proper form, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads