• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Blazer around $250?

kwright11

Reaction score
Hey,
just wondering what peoples thoughts would be on the best blazer for your money in the $250 price range?

Thanks

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I know fellow members will point you (and me) to B&S and Ebay for deals...I've been thinking of getting something from BB (Fitzgerald or Milano cut) when on sale...but I've seen a thread here about Anderson Little http://andersonlittle.com/ ...Now that I am getting better with my measurements/details, I may give it a shot... Also, I think the owner's son(Scott Anderson) is a member...see this blazer/AL thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=161992

scott anderson

Reaction score
I am a member and thank you for considering my Blazer. If you're concerned about your size, please call our 800 number. We have live 24/7 US telephone operators who will actually patch you directly to me. After a brief conversation, I'll be able to let you know what size you are.

Feel free to spend more, but I think you'll be very satisfied with our Blazer. Because we ship factory direct to you, we don't have the overhead of retail. This allows us to bring you a terrific product at an exceptional price. Anderson-Little invented the factory outlet, so we know exactly what we're doing. I hope I have the pleasure of serving you.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
...I know fellow members will point you (and me) to B&S and Ebay for deals...I've been thinking of getting something from BB (Fitzgerald or Milano cut) when on sale...but I've seen a thread here about Anderson Little http://andersonlittle.com/ ...Now that I am getting better with my measurements/details, I may give it a shot...

+1.

J Crew also has one in the $300 range, but if it doesn't need to be a wool blazer they have a sportcoat that falls into your price.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...7365/37365.jsp

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott, any way you can offer your blazer with regular buttons?
If so, I think you'd find a whole new segment of clients who don't want the "sailor" look.
With plastic buttons, I would buy one right now.
I don't want the hassle of replacing buttons.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Scott, any way you can offer your blazer with regular buttons?
If so, I think you'd find a whole new segment of clients who don't want the "sailor" look.
With plastic buttons, I would buy one right now.
I don't want the hassle of replacing buttons.

Or white MOP buttons
inlove.gif

For an additional fee of course...

bullswin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott anderson
I am a member and thank you for considering my Blazer. If you're concerned about your size, please call our 800 number. We have live 24/7 US telephone operators who will actually patch you directly to me. After a brief conversation, I'll be able to let you know what size you are.

Feel free to spend more, but I think you'll be very satisfied with our Blazer. Because we ship factory direct to you, we don't have the overhead of retail. This allows us to bring you a terrific product at an exceptional price. Anderson-Little invented the factory outlet, so we know exactly what we're doing. I hope I have the pleasure of serving you.

just to be sure... when the description of your blazer says, "Our exclusive 11 oz. microfiber/wool blend fabric resists wrinkles", that means the jacket is partially polyester, right?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott Anderson, I find it hard to see value when you only make blue blazers as a specialty but don't allow ANY customized options nor have sizes such as 38L...

Options should AT LEAST be:

side vent or single vent
mother of pearl, horn, brass, silver buttons
double breasted and single breasted

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Indochino. It's crap. For a cheap blazer, Uniqlo has the best I've seen for the money and it fits me perfectly. I think I paid $100 for mine. The Medium fits a 38 to a slim 40 perfectly. I hear Anderson-Little is also quite good but have never seen them in person.
Originally Posted by bullswin
just to be sure... when the description of your blazer says, "Our exclusive 11 oz. microfiber/wool blend fabric resists wrinkles", that means the jacket is partially polyester, right?
It's 159 bucks.

scott anderson

Reaction score
Thanks for engaging in the conversation guys. I really appreciate it.

Horn buttons are no problem. I'll add them as an option as soon as I can shoot them for the website. They'll be ten bucks too and you can have them sewn on locally at most dry cleaners.

I can't have three button styles in production because they create a horrible problem with returns and exchanges. It creates uneven stock which is a problem.

That's the only reason I don't sew them on. If every customer kept every garment it would be a no brainer, but as soon as someone exchanges a size, I'm clipping off buttons and sewing on new ones. We only get about 1 in 5 request for silver and we've actually changed to an antique brass which may curtail it further.

As for side vent and double breasted, they are both completely different products and I'm not expanding in that direction. I'll be more likely to add black in this style first.

38 Long is also a good point. I'll probably add it on the next cutting. We have a lot of younger, slimmer customers and 40 Long is just too big.

scott anderson

Reaction score
Tony I want to disabuse a misconception that you may have. I am not a specialty retailer who has every aspect of one product. The current product is just a cornerstone of what will evolve into an entire product line over time. My goal is not to be the king of the blue blazers in every size and style. My goal is to build a company that manufactures goods here in America that slowly over time fill out the essential elements of what was once my family's hallmark. I'm fairly young, so I have plenty of time to build this company carefully. I've already had several offers to cash out, become a figurehead and have the brand explode into a revitalized retail platform with an internet component. Naturally the first thing I am asked to agree to is foreign imports on the branded merchandise.

NO.

My family has bought that bill of goods before and it didn't work. By the time the experts were done they had gutted the company and destroyed the brand. It took me 20 years of difficult legal negotiations and trademark infringement suits to get this company back and I'm going to follow our original path. Factory direct to you and made in America owned 100% by my family.

The miracle is that it is working at all. We couldn't have started at a worse time or been facing a more incredulous consumer atmosphere. My most difficult job is explaining to people that I am not the Jolly Green Giant or Betty Crocker. I'm a real guy with a real point of view who is building a real company. I know it's strange in this age of voicemail menus designed to frustrate you into hanging up and where the customer is somehow treated as the enemy and where no one personally stands behind anything or plans for the long term.

So, no I don't have a double breasted for you or mother of pearl buttons or 38 Long but I hope as we grow, somewhere along the line we will have something that strikes your fancy and I have the pleasure of serving you as one of our satisfied customers.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Stay away from Indochino. It's crap.

For a cheap blazer, Uniqlo has the best I've seen for the money and it fits me perfectly. I think I paid $100 for mine. The Medium fits a 38 to a slim 40 perfectly.

I've found the opposite.
I feel that Uniqlo is cardboard garbage, and garbage is overpriced at $10.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a brand new with tags $995 Ralph Lauren Fine Suede Sport Jacket off ebay for $300, that's impossible to beat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads