• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. Crappy phone pic. End of a 16 hour day.

The shoulders are fine in the front, but around back they just don't conform with the shape of my shoulder. They also feel constricting... they just seem off to me.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Nah. Crappy phone pic. End of a 16 hour day.

The shoulders are fine in the front, but around back they just don't conform with the shape of my shoulder. They also feel constricting... they just seem off to me.

The baseboard in the bathroom is more or less level. Either you had a foot significantly in front of the other, or there's something very lopsided going on in that jacket (or you).

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
The baseboard in the bathroom is more or less level. Either you had a foot significantly in front of the other, or there's something very lopsided going on in that jacket (or you).

*shrug* There's a definite angle to the bathroom. The other thing you're probably seeing though is that my right shoulder is low. The lapel weirdness also accentuates the whole thing.

Aldehyde

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'll keep it.

It is about 1" shorter than anything else I have so looks a bit strange and different to me, which is why I was looking for a second opinion.

I can still return it, but it has been a bit difficult finding a navy summer coat.

Plus it's got a cool pink half lining.
laugh.gif

blendenj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I think it's purely a chest issue. Notice how all the wrinkles radiate from one point on either side. That's where the tension is.

Thanks!

Heuristic

Reaction score
I'm back, and I've hopefully fixed my shirt and tie. I at least did what was requested, spread collar (smaller size) and FIH pulled tight. Does this help that area at least?

suit.jpg

The pants, unfortunately, are still a mess in the back.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like your shirt sleeves may be a tad long. Jacket fit looks good to me, but I don't have much experience in critiquing jacket fit.

Heuristic

Reaction score
Admittedly I was wearing no belt, so probably not, no. They are baggy around the legs even pulled up.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Heuristic
Admittedly I was wearing no belt, so probably not, no. They are baggy around the legs even pulled up.

It's just that the distance between your crotch and knee compared to the length of your trunk indicates to me that you may have high rise pants that you're wearing way down around where you wear your bluejeans.

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Could pick this polo university club jacket from GW. Is the fit worth it for a Fashion noob such as myself? Sorry for phone pick but I was on lunch and moving fast.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ impossible to tell from this angle.... can't see length, shape, etc.

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
^ impossible to tell from this angle.... can't see length, shape, etc.
Thanks for letting me know. I will try again if I can get out tomorrow and it's still there.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SartorialConductor
Could pick this polo university club jacket from GW. Is the fit worth it for a Fashion noob such as myself?

Sorry for phone pick but I was on lunch and moving fast.

It looks OK, considering the pic/angle.
I believe the university club line is the bottom of the barrel of RL, so unless you really like it and it's $4 or $5 , might be better to hold off until you find better quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads