• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madras shorts are bonkers. Much better than Gitman madras/plaid shorts out this season.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the mistake, guys. As you can tell, I'm pretty new to wearing trousers, and especially nicer ones at that.
wink.gif
I did have a small suspicion that the split in the waistband was intended, but wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Thanks for the clarification!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Sorry for the mistake, guys. As you can tell, I'm pretty new to wearing trousers, and especially nicer ones at that.
wink.gif
I did have a small suspicion that the split in the waistband was intended, but wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Thanks for the clarification!

No problemo. It does look a little odd when you first come across it. Seems like an easy conclusion to come to.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
this is from a couple days ago but I forgot to cross-post it here. for anyone who missed it, here is how the new cranberry madras looks in action:

Qz7zc.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Does anyone know when Epaulet will be restocking the Epaulet khaki chino? I'm looking for 32. The cut looks fantastic.
Yup, looking at a full restock in about 3-4 weeks.
Originally Posted by defan
Ordered a pair of the rivet chinos in British khaki in size 31. I'm looking forward to getting them, hopefully they'll fit well.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by runningfrog
pounced on the patchwork madras, last one in 28. sorry skinny friends
smile.gif

Awe yeah. You're going to love the patchwork, it's so good.
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
Whoah, those patchworks are phenomenal. I seriously might pick up a pair now. Mike-For the horrible humid summers in the south...which would be a better choice...the gabardine stone or khaki poplin shorts?
Definitely the poplin. It's super-lightweight and comfortable.
Hey guys, Can anyone here who owns the Yuketen Country Rangers comment on the sizing? I know that the sizing advice on the Epaulet website suggests a half-size down, but I'd just like to see opinions from people who own the Country Ranger. Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Just to chime in, the sizing has been really consistent on these. Outside of online orders, we've sold about two-dozen shoes in our stores, and nearly everyone has gone down a half size from their true dress shoe size.
Originally Posted by piluchavez
I saw this on the Epaulet tumblr a while back. Any ideas on when this hits the store?
Ah, unfortunately that's long gone. We'll introduce some new club collars for the Fall though.
Hey cheers, RKD. Mike, can you comment on the width of your Yuketens? Stockroom carries them in C, and I've seen them in E widths as well, I think. I also got my navy poplin pants back from the tailor today, and noticed that the back of the waistband had split for some reason. No knock on Mike's products here -- the workmanship is great. I'm guessing the tailor must have ripped it or something without noticing.
The width on our Yuketens is "D". That might be why RKD bought his pair true to size. For many customers, you can compensate for a width change by dropping a half size. And the trousers are supposed to be like that - it's what's called a "split waistband." Don't worry about it - you're one of a hundred customers who asked that - and I asked the same question myself 10 years ago when I first bought Zegna trousers for Saks. It's an old school method of tailoring, and not something that you would ordinarily see unless you're acquainted with better trousers. At times, our split waistband will have a small errant thread in the split, and some customers become concerned that it's pulling apart or unraveling. Don't worry about it - it's just part of the garment, and it's safe to cut out the little thread if it bothers you. Everything is well reinforced beneath the split.
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Madras shorts are bonkers. Much better than Gitman madras/plaid shorts out this season.
Thank you sir, I knew that you'd like them!
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
this is from a couple days ago but I forgot to cross-post it here. for anyone who missed it, here is how the new cranberry madras looks in action:
Another great photo, thanks for posting it. My god, the light in California is always so perfect. It makes my outdoor fit shots here in the Lower East Side look like scheisse.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Another great photo, thanks for posting it. My god, the light in LA is always so perfect. It makes my outdoor fit shots here in the Lower East Side look like scheisse.
Haha, thanks! Although that's actually North Beach in San Francisco. On a rare sunny day... also I forced flash because the shadows were intense. this was at about 11am.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Navy Poplin Walts.
These will come in handy for the coming months.

canal_overdub

Reaction score
I'm here to say don't sleep on the new short sleeve shirts that just blew me up on Smith St.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Just picked up the Navy Poplin Walts. These will come in handy for the coming months.
Ya, went back and forth on these and pulled the trigger today. While navy isn't something that I get too excited about, it fills a hole, I know they will fit well, and the weight should be perfect for summer. So, getting this was more about a need for a great pair of navy trousers than a want. The "Go to hell" red's" filled the "want" part of the equation
smile.gif
BTW, Mike - sent you an email about this order.

nbernie

Reaction score
I own 5 pairs of walts. Probably best pants on the market, def at that price point. However, one thing that is problematic is the 34" finished inseam. Mike, any chance we could get some unfinished ones, in order to get the cuff perfect?

pvmitch

Reaction score
I am considering getting the Cumberland Camp Mocs but I have one question for you guys. I don't currently have any shoes like these but I was wondering if they can be worn with both pants and shorts? I know they can be worn with pants, I just wanted to see what you guys said about with shorts.

Thanks

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvmitch
I am considering getting the Cumberland Camp Mocs but I have one question for you guys. I don't currently have any shoes like these but I was wondering if they can be worn with both pants and shorts? I know they can be worn with pants, I just wanted to see what you guys said about with shorts. Thanks
Hell yeah, dude. In fact, if I had those Mocs I'd wear them with shorts 90% of the time. Just wear them without socks if you're gonna do it with shorts.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Haha, thanks! Although that's actually North Beach in San Francisco.

On a rare sunny day...

also I forced flash because the shadows were intense. this was at about 11am.

Ah ha, should have looked at the houses behind you. Fixed it to "California" light

Originally Posted by edubs01
Just picked up the Navy Poplin Walts.
These will come in handy for the coming months.

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Ya, went back and forth on these and pulled the trigger today. While navy isn't something that I get too excited about, it fills a hole, I know they will fit well, and the weight should be perfect for summer. So, getting this was more about a need for a great pair of navy trousers than a want. The "Go to hell" red's" filled the "want" part of the equation
smile.gif

BTW, Mike - sent you an email about this order.

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by canal_overdub
I'm here to say don't sleep on the new short sleeve shirts that just blew me up on Smith St.

Oh yeah, I heard that they're awesome (haven't seen them yet myself). I'll try to get them online in the next few days.

Originally Posted by nbernie
I own 5 pairs of walts. Probably best pants on the market, def at that price point. However, one thing that is problematic is the 34" finished inseam. Mike, any chance we could get some unfinished ones, in order to get the cuff perfect?

Ah, I wish that I could. It was a tough choice to make, as I'd personally prefer to bring the pants in unfinished too. But so many of our customers are new to the world of tailored trousers am the unfinished hem really bothers them. I'm sorry about that - we're probably stick with the 34" inseam for the time being.

Originally Posted by pvmitch
I am considering getting the Cumberland Camp Mocs but I have one question for you guys. I don't currently have any shoes like these but I was wondering if they can be worn with both pants and shorts? I know they can be worn with pants, I just wanted to see what you guys said about with shorts.

Thanks

Absolutely, camp mocs worn barefoot with shorts are a summertime staple. These are a great match with madras, khaki, navy, seersucker, you name it.

One thing I can tell you - if you've never worn a true handsewn piece from Maine, you'll be absolutely stunned by how comfortable these are. I personally resisted buying a pair of Yuketen's for a long time because of break-in and general cheapness issues with Sperry Top-Siders. I bought my first pair of Yuke's a few years back and HOLY GOD - it's like night and day. I wanted to bring that level of quality and comfort to our Sewn by Hand footwear as well. You'll really be delighted with how these feel.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
One thing I can tell you - if you've never worn a true handsewn piece from Maine, you'll be absolutely stunned by how comfortable these are. I personally resisted buying a pair of Yuketen's for a long time because of break-in and general cheapness issues with Sperry Top-Siders. I bought my first pair of Yuke's a few years back and HOLY GOD - it's like night and day. I wanted to bring that level of quality and comfort to our Sewn by Hand footwear as well. You'll really be delighted with how these feel.

im glad you made this comparison ... now i cant wait for my pennys even more. im surprised more on here havent posted pics/reviews/comments on any of those shoes yet!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads