• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
I just bought the exact same boot and mine seem too big. When I tried on a size 10 my foot was touching the end of the toe box. Now the 10.5 D seems wide.

Would you all recommend a thin insole to take up the extra room or should I go down a width.
FYI when I do them up I can almost get the eyelets on the left and right to almost touch, that tells me they are too wide.
Thoughts?

I'd recommend ordering a pair in your correct width.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought the exact same boot and mine seem too big. When I tried on a size 10 my foot was touching the end of the toe box. Now the 10.5 D seems wide.

Would you all recommend a thin insole to take up the extra room or should I go down a width.
FYI when I do them up I can almost get the eyelets on the left and right to almost touch, that tells me they are too wide.
Thoughts?

The Trubalance is just a really wide last, I've had the same experience fitting it as you described. I never tried going down a width, but what I ultimately ended up doing in your situation is going with the larger of the two sizes and wearing thicker socks. That ended up being the more comfortable solution for me.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I sent you this already, but I think with boots, it is not bad to have some extra room in the shoe to account for thick socks. Given the truebalance is a wide last, it will fit wide. I'm not sure if E is necessary if you are between D and E (as I often am). I would just size up a half and stay in D. I find with Alden, E is necessary with narrower lasts like Aberdeen but less so with fuller lasts like Barrie/Truebalance.

miran

Reaction score
I just bought the exact same boot and mine seem too big. When I tried on a size 10 my foot was touching the end of the toe box. Now the 10.5 D seems wide. Would you all recommend a thin insole to take up the extra room or should I go down a width. FYI when I do them up I can almost get the eyelets on the left and right to almost touch, that tells me they are too wide. Thoughts?
Friend, you are asking the wrong person. This forum is great for looking at pictures and finding out about the interesting things that are out there, but at the end, I wouldn't trust sizing advice here. Case in point- my 3 month sizing disaster.

Reaction score
a long long wait for these
226857_10150591791855381_126706475380_18427396_2650836_n.jpg
ends up they don't come in E width
ffffuuuu.gif

Reaction score
purchased a pair Tassel Moccasin (color #8) last year around xmas, break in around 3 months ago, worn no more than twice a week, my left foot hurt
dozingoff.gif

Question: what can i do beside selling them?

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
rkusmant: the #8 Indys on the left are just awesome. Where did u score them?
TSM has 'em in stock on the commando sole sans the speed hooks.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
rkusmant: the #8 Indys on the left are just awesome. Where did u score them?
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
TSM has 'em in stock on the commando sole sans the speed hooks.
Also, North River Outfitters has them in stock on the double oak leather sole with the speed hooks, and for almost $50 less than Shoe Mart. No 360 degree welt on the North River version, though, if that's something you care about.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know when the next 10% off shoemart sale is set to occur?

rkusmant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by miran
magnificent. why does the chromexcel 403 on the bottom right look so magnificent? has it been polished and if so how? were you advised to keep shoe trees with indys, or your own choice?
Thanks, I use Venetian shoe cream for the Ultimate Indy + horsehair brush + flannel buff, I want to keep it dressy enough. Yes size 13D trubalance is a little wide but I wear my hiking boots pretty often, if I want to wear dress socks then put a thin insole. I get my Ultimate Indy and #8 from LSBH and Cigar from Leffot. I'm hunting for snuff suede and whiskey now...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
a long long wait for these
226857_10150591791855381_126706475380_18427396_2650836_n.jpg
ends up they don't come in E width
ffffuuuu.gif

They don't come in E? Are these the standard Barrie last LWBs? I'm wearing them in Ravello in 9EEE right now, I just had to preorder and wait 9 months (for a pair that turned out to be seconds).

miran

Reaction score
So, I decided to get a pair of boots.

d4735336.jpg

That is a very beautiful dog
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads