• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up my first two non-cordovan Aldens. Couldn't be happier. I think I need one more shoe (a black or #8 chukka maybe) then I will be done for a LONG time on Aldens. Alden x J Crew suede PTB in tan (I wore this Saturday sockless, this shoe is so light and comfortable on the flex welt). Will be worn all spring and summer. Alden x Leffot Indy in original 405 brown on commando sole (the commando sole makes the boot lighter according to Steven. Basically an Ultimate Indy in the lighter brown instead of the dark chromexcel. I will darken it with Montana pitch over time. Will be worn year round.

rkusmant

Reaction score
so many nice Alden, I just wish more sellers stock size 13. Sharing my little Indy collection:
20110326-IMG_0466.jpg

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful
Mac - for a guy who claims to be colorblind, you sure have some excellent shoe, sock, and pants combos. I like this.

my wife has a very sharp eye and coordinates my daily clothing attire

miran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
so many nice Alden, I just wish more sellers stock size 13.

Sharing my little Indy collection:
20110326-IMG_0466.jpg

magnificent.

why does the chromexcel 403 on the bottom right look so magnificent? has it been polished and if so how?

were you advised to keep shoe trees with indys, or your own choice?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miran
magnificent.

why does the chromexcel 403 on the bottom right look so magnificent? has it been polished and if so how?

were you advised to keep shoe trees with indys, or your own choice?

Personally, I would keep shoe trees with any leather-lined shoe or boot, including the Indy.

miran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Personally, I would keep shoe trees with any leather-lined shoe or boot, including the Indy.

why doesn't the indy come with trees? the other aldens do, that's why i ask...

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, no Aldens come with shoe trees when sold retail. The trees are sold separately, though I have on occasion convinced a proprietor to comp me a pair of trees when buying a new pair of shoes. Which model do you have that came with shoe trees?

miran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
so many nice Alden, I just wish more sellers stock size 13.

Sharing my little Indy collection:
20110326-IMG_0466.jpg

Mother Mary, Save us all. Size 13?!??!? In Trubalance?

I got a pair of 403s today, after sizing chaos for the past 3 months.
I usually wear size 11D.

After some telephone sizing and faxing in photos of my socked feet and traces of my foot on a piece of paper, we determined my size to be 10D!

Let's see if I don't blister my feet to death when I wear them tomorrow. they seem to fit when I try them on, I can't be sure unless I walk for some time.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I second this. My 405s in trees:
IMGP4881.jpg

I keep mine in shoe trees for 2 days after each wear.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rkusmant: the #8 Indys on the left are just awesome. Where did u score them?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Aldens come with shoe trees. Alden shoe trees can be purchased separately...

Aldens come with Alden shoe BAGS, sans the standard Indys which don't.

I go out to the local Nordstrom Rack and buy shoe trees all the time for my shoes that cost over $400. Each pair of shoe trees are only ~$15.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mother Mary, Save us all. Size 13?!??!? In Trubalance?

I got a pair of 403s today, after sizing chaos for the past 3 months.
I usually wear size 11D.

After some telephone sizing and faxing in photos of my socked feet and traces of my foot on a piece of paper, we determined my size to be 10D!

Let's see if I don't blister my feet to death when I wear them tomorrow. they seem to fit when I try them on, I can't be sure unless I walk for some time.

walk on carpeting several different times to ascertain that the fit is correct before taking on to the concrete

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
Mother Mary, Save us all. Size 13?!??!? In Trubalance? I got a pair of 403s today, after sizing chaos for the past 3 months. I usually wear size 11D. After some telephone sizing and faxing in photos of my socked feet and traces of my foot on a piece of paper, we determined my size to be 10D! Let's see if I don't blister my feet to death when I wear them tomorrow. they seem to fit when I try them on, I can't be sure unless I walk for some time.
I just bought the exact same boot and mine seem too big. When I tried on a size 10 my foot was touching the end of the toe box. Now the 10.5 D seems wide. Would you all recommend a thin insole to take up the extra room or should I go down a width. FYI when I do them up I can almost get the eyelets on the left and right to almost touch, that tells me they are too wide. Thoughts?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2cqmjqp.jpg

j0l85u.jpg

cigar lwb
argyles otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads