• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Annick Goutal Mandragore
Sweet Citrus Fruit

giony

Reaction score
Parfum d'Empire Eau Suave today, with Tauer Incense Rose are two of my favorite rose scents.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last of my Bois du Cedrat sample today. An Eau du Cologne, and not a very long-lasting one at that. Instant blast of lemon (almost kitchen-cleaner level), followed by a pleasant woody drydown. One-trick pony.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Last of my Bois du Cedrat sample today. An Eau du Parfum, and not a very long-lasting one at that. Instant blast of lemon (almost kitchen-cleaner level), followed by a pleasant woody drydown. One-trick pony.
I like that one but couldn't buy it due to the abysmal longevity. YSL Pour Homme, while slightly more herbal, shares a somewhat similar vibe and has great longevity for a lemon-wood scent. It's also $40.
21SWGT2G73L._SS420_.jpg

tps16

Reaction score
Thanks again to you guys for your previous summer scent recommendations. I was gifted a 180ml bottle of ADP assoluta the other day and so far I am loving it.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Wow, what timing. I was about to start compiling the thread. I've been working on a seed box for a few months now and just PM'd Rambo earlier this week to ask him if he thought it was time to do another one. Ok, so stay tuned, I'll get this setup later today and then post here and PM you guys for signups.

yesterday went sniffing around town and was very happy to find and pickup a bottle of Etro's Sandalo, for a very good price too! i went on the cheap and bought a different sandlewood months ago and have regretted it, so wrongs have been righted!

I've got 10-15 samples I can throw in the box. Definitely PM me for rhe sign-up.

Where did you score the Sandalo? I have that on my bottle list now.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich;
+1. I've been wanting to split that forever.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
I've got 10-15 samples I can throw in the box. Definitely PM me for the sign-up.
sure, I'll do up the thread later today and PM you along with some others to sign up.
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Originally Posted by Rambo
+1. I've been wanting to split that forever.
In the winter I went through a round of comparing various "woods", not that it's my favorite group but I wanted a couple of nice ones anyway. For New Year's I was in NYC and went to Aedus de Venustas and smelled a bunch of the Etros (they're good!), including the Sandalo, which I found to be along the lines of MPG's Santal Noble (sort of a warm, nutty, little spicey, sawdusty, wood) and liked it a lot. But it was about $150-200 I think, and I found a bottle of Casswell-Massey Sandlewood nearby for like $30. Now the CM is more of a soapy clean take on the sandlewood, but I thought it was ok.... that Etro kept nagging at the back of my mind and I was disappointed when I got home without it. There's a local store here that sells an odd assortment of various lines including etro, so on teh weekend I poked around and saw they had a bottle of the sandalo! And they were asking $130, great! no stock though... so then I pitched the store owner and said it was pointless to have the tester out if people couldn't buy the bottles becuase they had no more stock plus they'd be annoyed at having found something they liked without being able to buy it, so could I just buy the tester. It's a sale instead of nothing right? He says sure, I bite my lips and stand there for a minute, he says ok, how about 60% off? I say sure, that seems fair (fireworks going off inside head). So short of the long, I got about 80/100ml, tester with cap for $56 including tax. Booyah! I've already put a few samples in the seed swapbox. MyTailorIsRich - I'll add a sample to the Geranium split package for you to try it. Rambo - I'll add some more vials of it to the swap box. Yesterday, wore 1 Million. I'm embarrassed to say I kindof like it. It's so tacky it's almost good. Though this **** projects like nothing else. Be warned. coming to a club near you.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Premier Figuier
Today: Rochas Femme (vintage)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished off my sample of Silver Mountain Water today. Growing on me much more than I ever thought it would at first sniff.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Finished off my sample of Silver Mountain Water today. Growing on me much more than I ever thought it would at first sniff.

It is decent stuff for sure, I like it as a low key work scent (I put GIT in the same camp). Usual Creed price issue though
confused.gif
. There is a split going on right now over on the split thread.

Tried SMN Acqua di Cuba today. It was a lot different than I thought it would be. Started off smelling like a spicy scented candle and eventually some mild sweet tobacco showed up. Where's the Cuban cigar? Not bad, but I can't get past the scented candle. Got it from Perfumed Court so I assume it's the real deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads