• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wardrobe colour help - too much blue

chrisfields

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some advice to expand my wardrobe, specifically with new colour selection. I have come to the conclusion that I wear too much blue. Any photos to illustrate your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I live in a very hot and humid climate. I occasionally visit colder climates. I am also in the military and therefore do not need or particularly like wearing suits and I like to dress fairly casually in my time off. I have mousey blonde hair and a light tan and find that navy blue, darker greys and shades of white suit my complexion.

My usual dress consists of combinations of the following:
**Shirts
ss navy blue and light blue polos
ls navy blue polo
ls white or light blue oxford shirts
grey or navy blue tshirts

**Pants
cream or navy chinos
khakis
natural coloured linen slacks
khaki, tan, grey, navy coloured shorts
indigo levis

**Shoes
white canvas shoes
brown desert boots

**Colder Weather
navy blue or greay v-neck sweaters
navy blue windcheater
navy blue linen unlined blazer

Any advice to expand my fairly boring style would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep the style fairly casual and low-key. Thanks for your time.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few ideas:
Red-brown shirts
Shirts with patterns on, for example, white backgrounds
Olive pants

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like adding various shades of purple to my shirt collection. Seems easy to pull off with greys/blues.

Doc4

Reaction score
It seems that the bulk of your blue is above the belt (shirts & cold-weather stuff) so try mixing it up there. A pink shirt or two will help a lot, and perhaps yellow as well ... and both will go well with blue as a bonus.

There really isn't too much bad with having a bunch of blue in your wardrobe, though.

For the cooler climate stuff, try having a coloured shirt (pink, yellow, whatever) perhaps with a pattern as well peeking out from under your blue outerwear.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start working in some browns that will go with everything you already wear. Chocolate brown, camel tan, etc. Add shirts in pale lavender. Get some light grey in there.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Before you get anything check this out:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=89372

I love being Asian. Not too pale, not too dark, enough contrast with hair and not too much - look good in everything.
laugh.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
I love being Asian. Not too pale, not too dark, enough contrast with hair and not too much - look good in everything.
laugh.gif

Please wear and enjoy some orange, sherbert green and tan shirts for me, for I am milky white and can't wear these fabulous colours.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
laugh.gif

Ssssssuuuurrreeee, you do......
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads