• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Thanks. I agree on the v-neck. The shoes are my beaters. They're too wide, too long, and too boxy so I rarely wear them except on days where I don't want to subject other shoes to the elements. As for sleeker, well, I have these on order:

5635582299_3e914bd42f_z.jpg

but that will be a few months, and would definitely not be in this weather. As far as jackets go, I've been out trying things on seeing how they look, doing all that recently, but not really liking anything. The back of my shoulder seems to have an odd slope that doesn't fit well RTW. So, I've been putting together a list of details and am pretty well decided on my next big jacket/suit purchase being bespoke.

Beautiful shoes!
worship.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
Lake Tahoe ...

The perfect postcard picture: "Wish you were here!"
laugh.gif

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
21dpdlt.jpg
2zeh3dl.jpg
I rarely post on here, as the average day in college does not warrant a tie and jacket. But today did... For the record, I put a white linen pocket square (tv fold) in after the picture. No full body shot unfortunately.

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you know my story here (or there)...
Picture967.jpg
Picture985.jpg
Picture1091-1.jpg
Picture1506-1.jpg
Picture1662-1.jpg
Picture1263.jpg
See you on the next jump.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit,Rob. Not feeling the patch pockets though,I think the fabric screams for flap pockets.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
So you know my story here (or there)...
Picture967.jpg
Picture1263.jpg
See you on the next jump.

Dude, you're not Neo, you're James effing Bond. We're you in Pakistan last night?
Originally Posted by forex
Nice suit,Rob. Not feeling the patch pockets though,I think the fabric screams for flap pockets.
Thanks, I agree...it was originally a SC, but the hopsack wasn't apparent enough and it just looked like an orphaned suit jacket. I don't mind too much though, as in my job, and in most circles I'm in, no one would know a patch pocket from a pocket knife!
lol8[1].gif

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Been a while. Here's a suit I purchased from Mike. Only took it ever-so-slightly right under the pits. I think the sleeves might be slightly short but still within acceptable range. Mike we're shockingly close in size. You have to sell me all your hand-me-downs.
lol8[1].gif

pXvDq.jpg

481Q0.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
rob007.jpg

YES. Love the patch pockets w/ the waistcoat
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Been a while. Here's a suit I purchased from Mike. Only took it ever-so-slightly right under the pits. I think the sleeves might be slightly short but still within acceptable range. Mike we're shockingly close in size. You have to sell me all your hand-me-downs.
lol8[1].gif

pXvDq.jpg
481Q0.jpg

EAP, I am not a fan of this suit on you. You'd benefit from a lower buttoning point and more open quarters. I'd also let the sleeves out a 1/4". Additionally, the tie is a tad too narrow for the lapels, which makes your torso look disproportionate. Maybe a foof is in order?

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
lol8[1].gif

Looking much better these days. I'd look for wider ties if I were you. You're kinda a big guy, so you're dominating the one you have on.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Actually I agree on the tie vs. the lapels. I never really understood the connection but it's as plain as day to me now.

I'm not sure how much lower the button can get before I'm in two-roll-one territory. But I see what you're saying about the quarters. That aside, fit-wise, I feel it's the best suit I have at the moment.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I have a new assistant starting today. Thank god!
ef25d1be.jpg

MATCHY MATCHY
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Nah not that big of a deal but I would've preferred a different PS choice. What tie is that if you don't mind me asking? Looks great.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Good move! Or as Clint Eastwood's character said in Heartbreak Ridge, " You adapt. You overcome. You improvise."
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Molto bene!!
Cheers! Luckily I had the white one because the plaid one was a total miss. No idea why I picked that out this morning....
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
It does look better, yes.

I don't like that particular tan shade of shoes with navy. Lots of people do, I think, but it looks a bit off to me.

Thanks. What color would you have preferred instead? Dark brown would've worked, I think, but I don't have a good pair in dark brown... It's next on my list.

Originally Posted by Mannix
2zeh3dl.jpg

Shoes are dope. Deets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads