• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Barnabus

Reaction score
I know hugo boss gets crapped on here
lol8[1].gif
but i was curious about the quality of their dress pants? I'm getting out bid on almost all the Zanellas on ebay so i'm thinking of giving a pair or two of boss a try. Anyone have any input?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a NM Last Call that was a bit farther out that my local Last Call Studio. I came across an Oxxford Suit (not my size but nothing like a 60L or anything) for $1800. A Cornelani (which fit like a glove for about $800 a Zenga for about $1500 and a Kiton (not really my style) for about $2100. Is this typical for a Last Call or did I stumble across the mother of all Last Calls?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Booter
Ivory cotton trouser, black leather belt, black loafer. What color sock? (assume sock is required)

Ivory, or similar shade.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barnabus
lol8[1].gif
but i was curious about the quality of their dress pants? I'm getting out bid on almost all the Zanellas on ebay so i'm thinking of giving a pair or two of boss a try. Anyone have any input?

No, Incotex, Mabitex or Epaulet.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by swagger
On a scale of 1 to 10 how dumb should I feel wearing black socks atm?
nod[1].gif

If I saw it I wouldn't think twice because the masses generally match socks to shoes when they should be matching them to pants. You could have gone the other way and wore red, or royal blue socks, green socks, or whatever to just give the finger to the whole matchy matchy clan.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
How do J+M Aristocrafts fit versus Allen Edmonds Last #5 (Park Ave, McAllister, Fifth Ave, etc)?

I'm a 10D in Last #5 but a 10.5 on the Brannock....

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barnabus
lol8[1].gif

They are ok. I bought a pair on sale last year and they weren't lined. Quality still seems a bit low for the price I paid ($160) but if you get them from Ebay, I doubt you will be overpaying.

waarior

Reaction score
How do you search the buy sell forum? For example 42r, gives no results. But a search for +42r and navy will give results for both navy and 42r; not for posts where both terms appear. Searching "42r navy" only gives results where the two terms are next to each other. What search connectors am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get a belt to match #8 Alden PTBs, and it would appear that the only belt that really matches it is the cordovan belts from (surprise) Alden. There are two sizes 35 and 30, which are clearly the more casual and dress belt respectively. I would really prefer to only have to buy one belt at ~$240 a pop, so can I get away with one or the other for both a suit and jeans? I was thinking I might be able to get away with just the 35mm as on AE's website they list it as a "35mm dress belt" and the fact that I am a bigger guy (6' 4", ~200 lbs).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads