• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
tumblr_lkg0xaDzJx1qccqio.gif

Would smash.

Carry on.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Eek! Sorry those aren't working out for you Moo. Sounds like you may want to go a half size up in length. That will add extra room in the toe box all around in terms of length and width. A E width on the 606 is already pretty wide - noticeably wider than standard US D's from most makers. Curious what Tom says. Good luck as these are great shoes. I actually have my first pair of Dover's on the way in Chestnut Antique on the 202! My feet are different in size as well (half size difference on a Brannock) and for these I went a half size bigger on the left foot. Hopefully all turns out well!

Congrats, Slew. You've got one hell of a shoe rotation going!

As an update...

The Dovers seem to be giving in to me hanging around the house in them! Think I'm keeping them at this point.
ffffuuuu.gif
inlove.gif
laugh.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Congrats, Slew. You've got one hell of a shoe rotation going!

As an update...

The Dovers seem to be giving in to me hanging around the house in them! Think I'm keeping them at this point.
ffffuuuu.gif
inlove.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks and hopefully they work out for you! My pair of Oundles in Edwardian took months to break in and I was about to return them, but they are now incredibly comfortably. The double leather sole from EG will take a good amount of time to break in. Before you wear them outside, I'd contact Tom just to double check on the exchange policy of how much try-on wear shoes can have just so expectations are all aligned.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
8.5/9E on the 606. Color is 'Edwardian Antique'
Those Dovers are sweet! What a great shoe. Hope they soften up for you.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Those Dovers are sweet! What a great shoe. Hope they soften up for you.

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Thanks and hopefully they work out for you! My pair of Oundles in Edwardian took months to break in and I was about to return them, but they are now incredibly comfortably. The double leather sole from EG will take a good amount of time to break in. Before you wear them outside, I'd contact Tom just to double check on the exchange policy of how much try-on wear shoes can have just so expectations are all aligned.

Thanks. If these will give just a tad and/or mold around my feet, these will be amazing.

jesask

Reaction score
It sounds like we have the same feet. Have you found anything that really works for you?

Not if my wife has anything to say about it.
laugh.gif

I am convinced I have strange feet though. Fairly sure they are 1/4-1/3 size different. Very flat, and wide, with sensitive pinky toes. A mess.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes... I tried them again with my thinnest socks (VERY thin/almost sheer) and this motion is cramped for me. These are a no go, which totally sucks.
frown.gif
Anyone interested in these before I send them back to LS?

That sucks - this is why I am waiting for my trip to NYC and London to buy my first pair of EG's. If I'm going to pay that king of $$$ - I want the full retail experience so I can try it on first.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I havefound that no shoe will be perfect your first couple of wears. For me after about 5 wears any issues I had with a toe rubbing, or a pain here and there are completely gone.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Note to self, buy these with incoming tax return. Rgr.
hard to imagine that people prefer them to the vash or carmina, anyway four different stitching patterns on one shoe is a veritable mess, imo.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
hard to imagine that people prefer them to the vash or carmina, anyway

four different stitching patterns on one shoe is a veritable mess, imo.

You don't like the Dover? I definitely prefer it to the Carmina and the Vass is a much different style all together which I also like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads