• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everything shop_at_myRRL_shop has ever posted leads straight back to his piddling ebay store.

Of course you don't want us to dare question the high price of an RRL item, if suddenly the market dropped out, that would be your whole business model and your kids tuition right there. Of course the new cheaper made in china **** worries him, it means the whole "RRL Meaning of Life ie I don't care if I lose money on every piece, it's my lifestyle dammit" was a sham and a ploy by Liffshits. If I were a reseller I would inflate the **** out of it too, before RRL starts showing up in Kohls.

You say you want to contribute as a true collector, you are not a true collector, you are a fanboy and a reseller.

I bet there are Alden reps here in secret, you don't see them quasi-spamming every ******* opportunity.

Can you contribute for once without promoting your store interests? I challenge you

If you are going to be spammy, just be ******* curteous about it, see examples by salsalocust, discostu, distinctive, etc. learn something for once

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
yeah OK pebblebrain... whatever you say.. BTW is that a pic of you in your profile? Lonely looking?
best comment of the day. Keep it going you guys. This is like watching two monkeys fighting. Its hilarious
lurker[1].gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 90% of RRLshop's posts have been edited. It's better he realizes his embarrassment late than never though.
lol8[1].gif

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never bought anything from RRL, how is the sizing? Is it slim fit? Regular? True to size? I usually wear a small in everything.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theRRshop I don't mind so much. I actually find the guy pretty damn intriguing:

-the stuff he sells isn't his own stuff (the sizing has too much variation)

-the stuff he sells is only of a certain type of RRL (like he refuses to touch anything but a certain aesthetic)

-he has access to alot of items that are pretty rare by other sellers' inventories (lots of denim jackets and sweaters that are hard to come by - one of a kind by ebay's measure). And those hats: where does he get that ****? This sweater is gold:

34ewz7d.jpg

-it's obvious he isn't hitting up the factories, almost like he thinks it's dirty

-the cottagy backdrop he uses for his sale photo shots emulates some shots straight out of RLhome mag

-he always insists on creating a RRL 'mood' in his photos

-he can't string more than 5 words together about RRL which he repeats over and over and over

-etc., etc.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7_rocket
Never bought anything from RRL, how is the sizing? Is it slim fit? Regular? True to size? I usually wear a small in everything.

they make so much stuff that it's not fair to characterize it. i would say generally it's slim but they really think through every item. for example, just off the top i can think of 5 types of jeans: slim fit, slim straight, low straight, straight, and slim boot cut. in addition they often make special jeans on a seasonal basis: carpenters, wrangler repros, broken twill cotton/linen denims, bucklebacks etc.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
Am I the only one who see this posting as advertisement?

OR

Is this a photo gallery or something?

To quote the RR Shop.......

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was able to find one of the original posters from a collector today.... can't wait to get it.

I'll take one for $495.00...sans holes please.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow you do have problems... heay?

My only problem is ebay sellers who sell shirts without disclosing the holes in them.

Anyone who does that has bigger problems than mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads