• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4grain-bourbon.jpg
Cross post with WAYDRN....fresh out of shower, nice, neat 3 fingered pour to enjoy before dressing to go out. Delicious.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
very nice.. ama and I had a good discussion here a year or so back on whether or not the 23 yo was worth the upcharge from the 20 yo. I felt it was, and still do, but I don't buy it regularly. I think I have a half bottle stuffed somewhere in the recesses of my measly bar.
I wouldn't have paid the premium - it was a gift.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually there's a funny story behind it. The person who sent it out sent bottles to a bunch of different people who must've been on his Christmas card mailing list. Oddly, I was not friendly with the guy. I was actually opposed to him in a business dispute that involved a huge waterfront property in the islands. There were some associated offshore banking shenanigans that I was hired to help unravel. The whole case ended when the guy got a loan from a bank in Antigua and managed to pay my group to go away. He then apparently spent some of the money on real expensive booze, because it all got sent out shortly after he closed the new loan.

I was the only one up from our side to get a bottle and to this day I can't decide whether it was a mistake or a big **** you. I'm guessing it was just a mistake, but I wanted to finish the bottle before I started making inquiries.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Actually there's a funny story behind it. The person who sent it out sent bottles to a bunch of different people who must've been on his Christmas card mailing list. Oddly, I was not friendly with the guy. I was actually opposed to him in a business dispute that involved a huge waterfront property in the islands. There were some associated offshore banking shenanigans that I was hired to help unravel. The whole case ended when the guy got a loan from a bank in Antigua and managed to pay my group to go away. He then apparently spent some of the money on real expensive booze, because it all got sent out shortly after he closed the new loan.

I was the only one up from our side to get a bottle and to this day I can't decide whether it was a mistake or a big **** you. I'm guessing it was just a mistake, but I wanted to finish the bottle before I started making inquiries.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought Pappy 15. They had 20 and 23, but their price for 23 isn't fair and I'm uncertain about their price for the 20 ($120). 15 was like half the price so I figured I'd go for it

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could find some Pappy 15 around here. I think I bought the last bit of the 20 yo down here. I have about 5 bottles stash away. I haven't see any around here since.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Bought Pappy 15. They had 20 and 23, but their price for 23 isn't fair and I'm uncertain about their price for the 20 ($120). 15 was like half the price so I figured I'd go for it

$120 is on the high side of fair. Reasonably priced its between $95 - $110 and I've seen it as high as $150.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
$120 is on the high side of fair. Reasonably priced its between $95 - $110 and I've seen it as high as $150.

Thanks, cool, I'll probably stick with the 15 for a while then unless I can get them to price match someone online
cheers.gif

Prince

Reaction score
Well, my bottle of Maker's is almost empty and to be honest, I quite like it. I've seen people comment that it is pretty sweet and I think so too. I really like the sweeter Bourbon's personally. All in all I would say that I would buy it again, especially since the price is pretty fair (25 euro's).

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty damn tasty, all I can say is someone got some samples from me, but I won't say who...
tonmn.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads