• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who see this posting as advertisement?

OR

Is this a photo gallery or something?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(off current topic)
Wow, seeing airportlobby's post, I just realized that I'd ripped off his sig a little. Must have been subconscious, as I didn't intend to do that. Changed mine. Apologies; hope no harm done.

(now back to discussion)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do to. I always enjoyed visiting it on my trips to NYC. I especially liked the authentic vintage items they sold side by side with the RRL reproductions including a few rare 50's guitars and amps. The displays were awesome.
Originally Posted by theRRshop
I miss the Mulberry Street Store....
2007R.jpg

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I respect your interest in the line and in the vintage pieces, but let's not have a bad attitude. Of course, some people are going to be more price-conscious than others. It doesn't make them better or worse people.

I actually know one of the key members of the original RRL design team - she actually posts here occasionally, though never in this thread - and we've actually done a collaboration with her in the past. Her knowledge of vintage is encyclopedic. She also has a much better attitude than do you. Maybe you could take a cue from one of your idols.

really? her (i think it's obvious who you're speaking of)? i did not know that.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I am curious as to what the RRL lifestyle is. I don't hang around giant ranches and ride horses or build railroad tracks. I am just another American interested in RRL clothes and on the lookout for different pieces to buy.

I know where the 'lifestyle idea' comes from though. At Polo, I am constantly reminded through emails and corporate visits that we are selling 'a lifestyle.' It always ends there though. So if I wear a Polo garment, should I be getting ready to play a game of Polo in D.C.

I feel as if it is just another marketing tactic by RL. He is trying to get people into thinking they are buying something much greater than just clothes.

theRRLshop,
could you explain the RRL lifestyle?

osadolor619

Reaction score
Thanks forefathers... Now that'll be $1,250 plus shipping please...
1159[1].gif

Originally Posted by theRRshop
The RRL lifestyle... is really how YOU make it...
In a way it's a lifestyle that thanks the older generations that helped form our countries,
with their hard work, handmade clothing, cooking over the potstove, as our grandmothers made sure there was food on the table. no matter how little... to the school teacher that helped teach the young about the respect one should have for one another....

When you can wake up in the morning, after a peaceful night with the blanket your grandmother patched... when you throw your bluejeans on the floor and not worry about their condition.... when you can spend time with your best friend... your dog... old friends... family... your cat... in the comfort that you have grown to enjoy that our forefathers and parents gave us in return.. a cleaner carefree life while caring and feelings for those that need a handshake... a hello... a home.

You make it what you want... but should always remember what our grandparents did for us and the countries we call home. Anywhere in the World.

Simple.... in an old shirt, and a pair of (RRL) jeans.
It's what you learned from the past... and bring to the future.

RR_

This is my GrandFather working in the old mills in New England....
I Miss and Thank him for all he gave me and my Country

HG002.jpg

el duderino

Reaction score
While not specific to RRL, this is a good video that covers the whole aspirational aspect of RL which is arguably why he is so successful (Note: I don't think anyone here wants to be a cowboy, miner, though)

To me and most other fans of the line, RRL is a modern vintage line. Vintage inspired pieces with modern cuts. However, I'm not sure most people care or know what a lot of pieces are based on.

One example is the ltd ed embroidered denim jacket that some people picked up at outlets recently. To most it probably looks like a jean jacket w/ a large logo on the back. In reality it's a Lee Cowboy type I 101-J repro w/ RRL details (RRL instead of Lee on the buttons, rivets, labels, the slim bootcut pattern on the pocket, and then an embroidered logo on the back).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads