• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
i like your whiskey. is it the aberdeen last?

Mac,

Thank you. They are actually on the Barrie, from ShoeMart. The NST makes the Barrie look sleeker than on other models.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO NOT USE IMAGESHACK
ffffuuuu.gif

lxlfeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
You just did.
smile.gif

The Shoe Mart seems to have a good selection.

Other than shoemart?
The shoemart website dosent seem to be working recently,
anyone else have the same problem?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lxlfeng
Other than shoemart? The shoemart website dosent seem to be working recently, anyone else have the same problem?
It's working fine for me right now. But other places that I have gotten Alden accessories at are needsupply.com, aldenshop.com, and shermanbrothers.com.

lxlfeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
It's working fine for me right now. But other places that I have gotten Alden accessories at are needsupply.com, aldenshop.com, and shermanbrothers.com.

Thats strange, i havent been able to access it for the pass week, even with different browsers.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Mac,

Thank you. They are actually on the Barrie, from ShoeMart. The NST makes the Barrie look sleeker than on other models.

noted

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2h3pvo0.jpg

315fuvl.jpg

color 8 wt boot
argyles otc

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Some great shoes there. Though I fail to understand why SF folks have to reply to a thread with shoes that don't fit them.
Originally Posted by imatlas
Holy **** that's a great thread!
Originally Posted by interlockingny
That, or when it is in a person's size you will typically get something to the effect of "someone please buy this now so my wallet and I don't have to agonize about it all day!"
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
Because it provides a free bump to someone who's selling something that others may like.
Thanks for the comments guys -- I did not mean to start a debate here. I make it a point not to bump my threads unless there is a price drop and I answer all questions via PM. Sometimes I do post in other FS threads if I see a really good deal, but I discourage unnecessary thread bumping at all costs. FYI, I just posted part two of the purge - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4421222. If any of you guys see a pair you like, please PM me
smile.gif
I also listed 2 pairs of indy boots and one pair of tan suede chukka boots in SW&G - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4421262

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
High insteps created the same problem for me - I've never resorted to buying heavy equipment like a "vamp raiser", I've just brought all of mine to Brooks Shoe Service here in Chicago (plug - great shoe repair shop).

But, over time the stitching in the LHS across the instep invariably comes undone. I've owned the LHS in many shell colors over the years and I've finally come to the realization that the shoe is not made for my foot. Still have a pair of Ravello and a pair of Whiskey but as these wear out they won't be replaced.

Originally Posted by Joenobody0
I have a high instep. I'm sure the stitching on my LHS will come undone. I fully intend to have it fixed locally to preserve the stretch.

Originally Posted by mcarthur
outstanding! enjoy wearing

Thanks, mac!

I've done lots of complaining about the LHS over the years, but I couldn't resist this pair. I hemmed and hawed after purchase, and even sold them 2x (once to a wonderful fellow forumite, but they didn't fit him, unfortunately; another time, to a deadbeat bidder on eBay). As a result, I figured I am clearly destined to own this pair, found the vamp raiser and put it to work. It made a huge difference, and while it's possible the stitching will eventually need repair as a result, I am thrilled just to have one pair.

I've given up on a large handful of pairs of LHS in various sizes over the years, and this one seems to work. Probably not convinced enough to invest in others yet at this point, but maybe will go for a pair in #8 eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads