• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Jamie,

While your question is presented in a very polite and respectful manner, I kind of think it's bad form to expect return shipping costs be reimbursable. I don't know of any business that would do this. Also, with Epaulet, their exists a wealth of information related to size and fit, photos are available of all articles and SF is a great resource for information. If you have something that doesn't work for you, I (politely and respectfully) suggest you send it back for refund or exchange, your choice with Epaulet. The return costs are yours.

I do not expect free returns at all (in the US or anywhere). I tried my best to frame up my post as a very pure honest question and wanted clarity. I was not looking for a freebie or special treatment. I have just seen posted multiple times in this thread misinformation about Epaulet's return policy and was confused (see Radomkoreanguy's recent comment)

Anyway, it is my own damn fault for not emailing Mike and Adele directly and assuming I could get a straight answer from forum members here without assuming. I have done a fair amount of business with the great folks of Epaulet in a small amount of a time and plan on doing a lot more very soon. They provide great service, products and value which is why I think many of us are very passionate about their business which is good. Still we should not jump to conclusions when people ask non-emotional inquiries.

And no, I am not "butt hurt", "mad", etc.

Lastly, thanks Mike for the clarity.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
I do not expect free returns at all (in the US or anywhere). I tried my best to frame up my post as a very pure honest question and wanted clarity. I was not looking for a freebie or special treatment. I have just seen posted multiple times in this thread misinformation about Epaulet's return policy and was confused (see Radomkoreanguy's recent comment)

Anyway, it is my own damn fault for not emailing Mike and Adele directly and assuming I could get a straight answer from forum members here without assuming. I have done a fair amount of business with the great folks of Epaulet in a small amount of a time and plan on doing a lot more very soon. They provide great service, products and value which is why I think many of us are very passionate about their business which is good. Still we should not jump to conclusions when people ask non-emotional inquiries.

Lastly, thanks Mike for the clarity.

My sincere apologies if my response offended. I certainly did not mean to do so..waaay too much of that here on SF. The intent of my response was simply to state that Epaulet, and all other businesses I engage with online do not (and shouldn't) incur shipping costs for a returned item unless you are dealing with a defect/shipping error etc.
In hindsight, I shouldn't have responded and left this for Mike
blush.gif

thebunk

Reaction score

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
meh.ro5380.jpg

Originality andm maturity is not your strong suit is it? I mean you still posted that tired, old image after my comment?! At times I really wish we could move this and the Alden thread to the Menswear forum . . .

thebunk

Reaction score
fight[1].gif
My sincere apologies if my response offended. I certainly did not mean to do so..waaay too much of that here on SF. The intent of my response was simply to state that Epaulet, and all other businesses I engage with online do not (and shouldn't) incur shipping costs for a returned item unless you are dealing with a defect/shipping error etc.
In hindsight, I shouldn't have responded and left this for Mike
blush.gif

No worries sir. Cheers.

Dodo

Reaction score
Am I wrong or Epaulet doesn't ship to Italy? looking in their website Italy is not mentined. Is it because of the known postal problems?

DahveedNG

Reaction score
Mike, would you mind sending me a PM? I'm trying to get in touch about a recent order, but apparently my limited history of hanging out and reading the forum without posting means that's not an option. Thanks!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DahveedNG
Mike, would you mind sending me a PM? I'm trying to get in touch about a recent order, but apparently my limited history of hanging out and reading the forum without posting means that's not an option. Thanks!

Call the man.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originality andm maturity is not your strong suit is it? I mean you still posted that tired, old image after my comment?! At times I really wish we could move this and the Alden thread to the Menswear forum . . .

Lol, sensitive guy.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently some new shorts just went online. Copped a pair of the seersucker blues. Gonna be baller
bigstar[1].gif

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
So apparently some new shorts just went online. Copped a pair of the seersucker blues. Gonna be baller
bigstar[1].gif

Yup, grabbed the patchwork madras. Not sure if I can pull them off or not. I will make the decision when they get here. If they are too much for me, will swap them out for the seersucker.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zinman74
Shameless plug, but I want to use this space that someone pays for so that I can get someone to buy a product from me instead of the person who is paying for this thread.

Fixed.
bigstar[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
bigstar[1].gif

Thank you!

Yup, grabbed the patchwork madras. Not sure if I can pull them off or not. I will make the decision when they get here. If they are too much for me, will swap them out for the seersucker.

Oh man, you can definitely pull these off. Pair it with a white or blue shirt, boat shoes or camp mocs, hoof pick belt, nato strap, etc. It's all good brah.

Originally Posted by Dodo
Am I wrong or Epaulet doesn't ship to Italy? looking in their website Italy is not mentined. Is it because of the known postal problems?

Yes, we unfortunately can't ship to Italy. It's nothing personal - I'm mostly Italian and I freaking love Italy! It's just that Italian customs is too restrictive with incoming shipments of clothing and footwear.

I do have quite a few customers in Italy who get merchandise routed through their friends in other EU countries. So if you've got friends or family elsewhere in Europe, you can have it shipped to them, and then have them forward you the box. With intra-Europe shipments, customs won't come into play.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As some other perceptive members have noticed, we just put our new Modified Walt shorts online. Here's a little summary of them:

1. Unless you're used to wearing absolutely mind-blowing shorts, I'm pretty sure that these will be the best-fitting and most satisfying shorts that you've ever owned. That's real talk.

2. The "Modified Walt" fit has a slightly relaxed thigh and leg opening from the standard Walt trouser. It works for both Walt and Rudy customers. We went crazy dialing in the exact diameter, and this width works well and compliments both thin and muscular legs. It's really nicely tailored.

3. The inseam is 9", which will fall around knee length for most guys. You can let it out to 10" if you like, or you can have them easily hemmed to a shorter length.

4. These shorts have full double-curtain waist construction. You'll get many summers of wear out of them, and they can be tailored in and out - just like the trousers. They're all machine washable.

5. Sizing is totally consistent with our Walt & Rudy trousers. Order your same size there. If you take the Rivet Chino in an odd size, I'd recommend sizing up to the next even one on these (ex. buy a 32 short if you take a 31 Rivet Chino). You can always get them taken in a bit if you like, but most customers prefer a slightly loose rather than too tight fit on shorts.

Here's the newest styles:

Patchwork%20Madras%20Lo.jpg

Modified Walt Short Patchwork Madras: $135

Shorts%20Seersucker%20Lo.jpg

Modified Walt Short Cotton Seersucker Blue: $125

Khaki%20Shorts%20Lo.jpg

Modified Walt Short Khaki Poplin: $125

And we got a full restock of this killer fabric from last year:

Walt%20Navy%20Madras.jpg

Modified Walt Short Cotton Navy/Bronze Madras: $125

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads