• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LanceW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
ffffuuuu.gif
censored.gif

Its the same cloth. I just shifted the color balance in RAW

I have given up on getting it made. My wife saw it and said, Reevolving style, that why are you getting cloths which are more suited to men 20 years your senior ? That doused any fire I had left for the cloth.

Now, I am wondering what to do with the cloth since I cant sell it on. Sofa upholstery, dog bed, or storage for 20 years ?

I'll buy it if it's at least 2.75 yards.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow. Pretty nice, scruff. Do birdseye come in different sizes? I have a what I think is a birdseye suit, but with much smaller "eyes".

Originally Posted by banis
I've received Solaro in herringbone. Initially I thought of doing it as a DB but don't think that will have a lot of chances wearing it as a DB. So, probably will have to make it as SB.

Should I go with patch or flap pockets for Solaro?

I think you could do either, but I kinda lean toward flap . Maybe because solaro has that sheen to it makes it seem a little more "suity."

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker

I think you could do either, but I kinda lean toward flap . Maybe because solaro has that sheen to it makes it seem a little more "suity."

I split the difference and went for flap with ticket pocket.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Is it really that bad?

Not at all, its perfectly nice. Get it made with 3 patch with dark grey trousers, blue shirt, green grenadine and suede shoes and you are fully SF approved (in a nice way).

Its just that its more mustardy that what I thought it would be. Also my wife thinks that it doesn't suit my age/personality/whatever and these days I take her advice somewhat.

Anyways, I am not looking to sell and my posting pics was not a proxy for a FS thread.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Wow. Pretty nice, scruff. Do birdseye come in different sizes? I have a what I think is a birdseye suit, but with much smaller "eyes".

I've seen different sizes. I have one with smaller eyes as well.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Let us know how you like it. I've been to their site and if it's good stuff I may get some.

OK -- will do. Not sure that I qualify as an "expert" since I have only ever ordered tweed from here before: http://www.hfwltd.com/a-jgh.php

Also had my tailor make me up a jacket in some Harris Tweed that he sourced (don't know where he got it).

cassanova

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of Crispaire #333100 or a suit made up with it? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads