• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
damn, compared to Ralph, Edward Sexton wears natural shouldered jackets
eek.gif

Ralphs coat shoulders look like they are 36 inches.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Nice, but they won't let you in without facial hair.
laugh.gif

From about 10 or 12 persons sitting at the table only Mrs Ricci and her husband Valentino and a Dutchman who's a friend of the Dolcepunta were the only ones without (Valentino and the Durchman had pretty impressive hair of head to compensate though)
laugh.gif

I dont have a good shot of Valentino Ricci's suit unfortunately (Scott Schuman took many pics though), but it was really great.
He dresses much more elegant and understated than what I think the forum's overall reception of the typical "Sciamat Style" is (especially compared to his more eccentric brother).

150.JPG

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
From about 10 or 12 persons sitting at the table only Mrs Ricci and her husband Valentino and a Dutchman who's a friend of the Dolcepunta were the only ones without (Valentino and the Durchman had pretty impressive hair of head to compensate though)
laugh.gif

Who was the Dutchman?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Who was the Dutchman?

I am sorry, I dont remember his name...but he was a very pleasant person, lives in southern Germany as far as I remember and not actually in the Netherlands atm.
Dont want to post a picture though as I dont really him that close.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, I dont remember his name...but he was a very pleasant person, lives in southern Germany as far as I remember and not actually in the Netherlands atm.
Dont want to post a picture though as I dont really him that close.

I understand. Thanks. I thought it might have been someone I know (and who knows the Ricci brothers), but he doesn't live in Germany.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand. Thanks. I thought it might have been someone I know (and who knows the Ricci brothers), but he doesn't live in Germany.

Ahhh, I think I know who you mean (I dont know him personally though), but it's not him
smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I think I know who you mean (I dont know him personally though), but it's not him
smile.gif

Thought so. (I also think we're thinking about the same person.
smile.gif
)

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought so. (I also think we're thinking about the same person.
smile.gif
)

This reminds of a funny story... Guy from Germany (me) sees a random guy in a store in Milan and identifies him immediately as another client of a bespoke shoemaker from Florence that both use (random guy's boots are in the shoemakers sample collection). He gives me his business card and I realize that he's from Tokyo. That was almost as good as: I post pics of almost finished bespoke shoes from Ugolini on SF. Owner is a member on SF (I did not know that) and posts pics of the finished pair a bit later after he realized that I posted his unifinished pair. Half a year later, in a random store in Italy: "Hey are you Paolo?" "Ehhhm, well, yes, why?" "I'm ****, you posted pics of my shoes on SF". Shoe owner is from Hong Kong btw.... This world is a small place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics