• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Leather on ros looks like garbage.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I personally am a HUGE UC fan, but I can't recommend anyone to buy a single piece from this collection outside of the terry suit. This **** was so fragile I was literally scared to try it on. You've been forewarned, chances are it won't come with tags saying "this garment will fall apart"
Hah yeah, some of it looked very lightweight and delicate, torn about it because the design of that stuff is awesome. Will probably get one just to see.
redface.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like what you do so I'll be honest, steer clear of the bottom two, tried all 3 on and definitely first had the best contruction. The **** pockets tear mad easy on tha Ma-1 esque silhouette and the harrington one is AIGHT. but the first is definitely best. You ever consider gyakusou?

dmass1

Reaction score
http://www.tresbienshop.net/beefroll-loafer-brown

Can get these for $230. Looking for a good summer loafer that I can wear to a business (very) casual office and out on the weekends.

Are these worth it? can I do better for the price? Not limited to loafers, but something summery. was also considering the j crew suede alden bucks in camel, but don't see those working as well in an office.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
http://www.tresbienshop.net/beefroll-loafer-brown

Can get these for $230. Looking for a good summer loafer that I can wear to a business (very) casual office and out on the weekends.

Are these worth it? can I do better for the price? Not limited to loafers, but something summery. was also considering the j crew suede alden bucks in camel, but don't see those working as well in an office.

Decent. I read an article about these and they seemed interesting. A little plane-Jane to me, but I can see them working in a casual office. There's something sort of old about them though. I like the blue ones!

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like what you do so I'll be honest, steer clear of the bottom two, tried all 3 on and definitely first had the best contruction. The **** pockets tear mad easy on tha Ma-1 esque silhouette and the harrington one is AIGHT. but the first is definitely best. You ever consider gyakusou?
thanks for the input, and no, haven't heard of gyakusou until now, this genre is new to me so i'm pretty much a noob.
blush.gif
any other japanese labels make this kind of wipeout-meets-neuromancer kind of ****?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
thanks for the input, and no, haven't heard of gyakusou until now, this genre is new to me so i'm pretty much a noob.
blush.gif
any other japanese labels make this kind of wipeout-meets-neuromancer kind of ****?

Dude Gyakusou is Undercover's performance line with Nike, it's insane. White Mountaineering BLK is good too. Outlier and acronym are other labels that come to mind, arcteryx veilance as well.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude Gyakusou is Undercover's performance line with Nike, it's insane. White Mountaineering BLK is good too. Outlier and acronym are other labels that come to mind, arcteryx veilance as well.

ive only seen a preview vid for the line...maybe a year ago, has anything been released yet?

acronym is so awesome. check the video out mac!!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shitloads of Gyakusou has, only blog I actually follow (shoremans aside) has a few posts on it. thenonplace.com

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, sufu has its Urban tech thread, someone should do something in these parts I think.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buying RO shorts made me realize I dig shorts a lot....plus I realized I could do some interesting **** where I get rick owens denim leggings or julius leggings kinda like the dude in my avatar to pair with em. So, ive been contemplating these, despite my long hate for cargo shorts.
adc3412-img450x600-1303435910nzgdu583109.jpg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggest to pair those with some oak street bluchers. Denim leggings sounds weird.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads